Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: SUBARU and OBD-2 ve105 -116

  1. #11
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Imp Guerra
    Delta is cool!
    Should the ECU be re-flashed before it can talks to DeltaDash or it works with stock ECU's?
    DeltaDash translates the Subaru Select protocol which updates a hell of a lot faster than the OBD2 does in the Subaru.

    BTW, I have this in my car, in case ya'll haven't heard of it.

  2. #12
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Belarus Minsk
    Posts
    9
    So pins 11 12 13 are ivnolved on j1962 connector,
    not usual pin 7 (K-line) as for obd-2.
    Unfortunately ecutek uses their "black box" interface,
    I guess that a part of programme code is within it.
    Hardly one manage to crack, even with "black box" available to "reverse" it.
    It must be PIC within.
    Noone can reverse ELM chips yet also

  3. #13
    phc
    phc is offline
    Variable Bitrate phc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by Imp Guerra
    So pins 11 12 13 are ivnolved on j1962 connector,
    not usual pin 7 (K-line) as for obd-2.
    Unfortunately ecutek uses their "black box" interface,
    I guess that a part of programme code is within it.
    Hardly one manage to crack, even with "black box" available to "reverse" it.
    It must be PIC within.
    Noone can reverse ELM chips yet also
    Don't need to RE the box, just figure out the protocol and electrical interface. I'm pretty sure Subaru didn't encrypt the data, so its just a matter of figuring it out and writing some code.

  4. #14
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Belarus Minsk
    Posts
    9

    Exclamation

    You may visit

    http://www.xidash.narod.ru

    It is like Delta Dash from Ecutek but it is much cheaper and works with any number of SUBARUs, not just with three.

  5. #15
    Dox
    Dox is offline
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    9

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by Imp Guerra
    You may visit

    http://www.xidash.narod.ru

    It is like Delta Dash from Ecutek but it is much cheaper and works with any number of SUBARUs, not just with three.
    Be careful, I believe he's already being pursued by Ecutek for copyright infringement. I guess his "customers" could also be guilty of the same offence by buying or using his product. Check out his site and the real ecutek.com site and see how very similar they are.

    I'm not sure I'd want to send my money his way...

    Just my $0.02

    Regards
    Dox.

  6. #16
    C4M
    C4M is offline
    Maximum Bitrate C4M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    824
    The copyright infringement is his problem, not ours. If it works, then I'd be interested, however the website doesn't really give me enough information to make a decision. Has anyone else bought one/installed one or built a skin for it?

    C!
    http://carpc.riposte.net
    I reserve all rights in connection to each post I author, without exception.

  7. #17
    Maximum Bitrate kiltjim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    PA, USA
    Posts
    805
    Not to hijack your thread here, but are there any alternatives to the Delta dash, or the russian version (kinda wanna stay away from this one...) that just give me the live information coming through my port? I don't really need it for tuning, yet...
    2000 Subaru OBS

    Dell P3 @ 900 Mhz
    7" Lilliput TS w/DigitalWW in-dash mount
    80GB External HD

    I am Zero Bitrate....

  8. #18
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    135
    that is what I am wondering. I am just trying to figure out how to decipher WPSM(Subaru Select Monitor). Then I will be able to wirte a program that will display the information I want.

  9. #19
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    6

    Smile There is another option...

    hi,

    there is another alternative to xidash and deltadash. it is produced by a company called TARI Racing Software. the best thing is that our base package (logging, view captured log, set alarms) is FREE!!!!!!

    check them out at www.tari.co.za

    we are currently conducting beta testing. i'll be posting some screen-shots on the website shortly, so if you are interested then please check it out...

    calvin.

  10. #20
    phc
    phc is offline
    Variable Bitrate phc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by calvinc
    hi,

    there is another alternative to xidash and deltadash. it is produced by a company called TARI Racing Software. the best thing is that our base package (logging, view captured log, set alarms) is FREE!!!!!!

    check them out at www.tari.co.za

    we are currently conducting beta testing. i'll be posting some screen-shots on the website shortly, so if you are interested then please check it out...

    calvin.

    NICE! Just what I need.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. OBD connector on 2004 Subaru STi.
    By LESLIEx317537 in forum Engine Management, OBD-II, Engine Diagnostics, etc.
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-12-2004, 07:10 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •