Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: cheapest ob2 hardware?

  1. #11
    FLAC Chairboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,380
    You need more then an OBD package for that, you need one of the $500+ interfaces.
    Chrysler 300 - Fabricating
    http://hallert.net/

  2. #12
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    529
    I like the obddiagnostics myself.

    Can anyone write a program like the Routislaunch program that can chose the protocol?

    I bet we could use the same program. I'll try.

  3. #13
    Mo' Programming Mo' Problems
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Sonicxtacy02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    8,151
    Blog Entries
    51
    the BR-3 will hook up to any OBD-II Vehicle. If so i'm buying one for my altima

  4. #14
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    490
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonicxtacy02
    the BR-3 will hook up to any OBD-II Vehicle. If so i'm buying one for my altima
    be careful! I ordered one from him and it did not talk to my Mazda 3. The interface was reconzied but no protocol worked. He said it my mazda might be CAN bus or something, whatever that means.,

    But he was a REAL COOL guy and said i could return it no problem. Great guy to do business with.

  5. #15
    Constant Bitrate Big Zack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by nappyjim
    be careful! I ordered one from him and it did not talk to my Mazda 3. The interface was reconzied but no protocol worked. He said it my mazda might be CAN bus or something, whatever that means.,

    But he was a REAL COOL guy and said i could return it no problem. Great guy to do business with.
    Actually, he's a she... Beverly. And yes, she is very cool to deal with. I would recommend the hardware to anyone looking for an inexpensive odb solution. The software could be better, as mentioned an .ini file or something so it would remember settings.

    - Z

  6. #16
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    490
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Zack
    Actually, he's a she... Beverly. And yes, she is very cool to deal with. I would recommend the hardware to anyone looking for an inexpensive odb solution. The software could be better, as mentioned an .ini file or something so it would remember settings.

    - Z
    that makes sense, lol. A man would never be that nice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. MediaCar and Hardware???
    By RYAD in forum MediaCar
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-07-2004, 08:57 AM
  2. Who has the slowest hardware
    By berniejr in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-02-2004, 12:36 AM
  3. cheapest prebuilt (not homemade) atx and at dc-dc PSUs
    By Punjabi Geezer in forum Power Supplies
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-29-2001, 05:58 PM
  4. hardware volume control
    By ODYSSEY in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-20-2001, 10:43 AM
  5. Wheres the cheapest place to get a lcd?
    By Krash in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-09-2000, 04:47 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •