Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Can you use OBD-II to dyno your car?

  1. #11
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    31
    I have the digimoto/scantool setup, if you want it for dynotesting, don't waste your money.... It is NOT EVEN CLOSE. My SRT-4 dynos in at 320 @ the wheels (Alot of work done to it) and I have the scantool OBD scanner with the digitmoto software and I set it up (it does ask you alot of info but it is NOT that hard to get the info) and the first run gave me 475 HP then the second run gave me 600 HP... It is NO GOOD for that... The problem is if you get alot of WHEEL spin, your done... You might not hear your tires spinning but they might be spinning and the digitmoto software is using your speedometer as one of its measurments.

    Also, if you want to display MULTI-OBD points at once, it is not good eaither... It is good for a 4 or 5 but I wouldn't go crazy with like 10 of them at once..... The hardware isn't fast enough for it.

    The scantool however is good for troubleshooting and that is why I bought it....

  2. #12
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    382
    well i don't have a fast car at all i would ust have it for fun . and if i put my car in third i won't be able to get wheel spin lol i think everybody knows its not accurate and uses it just for the fun of it.

    @ stevieg

    well i didn't buy a car for 15000 :P i have a second hand one and wasn't to expensive an being a student 80 is a lot for me :P.. and i prolly won't buy a brand new car for some years so i rather have a tool that supports the versions that are used atm instead of needing to buy a new tool when i buy a new car.
    my destinator map resource down permanently

  3. #13
    See me in my wet t-shirt. stevieg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Warwickshire, UK
    Posts
    1,887
    Quote Originally Posted by GReeToZ
    well i don't have a fast car at all i would ust have it for fun . and if i put my car in third i won't be able to get wheel spin lol i think everybody knows its not accurate and uses it just for the fun of it.

    @ stevieg

    well i didn't buy a car for 15000 :P i have a second hand one and wasn't to expensive an being a student 80 is a lot for me :P.. and i prolly won't buy a brand new car for some years so i rather have a tool that supports the versions that are used atm instead of needing to buy a new tool when i buy a new car.
    lol OK wasn't gettin atcha .. just my opinion.

    But yeah it's more for fun having those 0-60 and dyno things on digimoto.. good excuse to rinse the car every now and then
    Ford Focus MP3 : www.stevieg.org/carpc Blog Updated 29 January 2009!
    Car PC Status: Complete - Undergoing Software Redevelopment

  4. #14
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    382
    Quote Originally Posted by stevieg
    lol OK wasn't gettin atcha .. just my opinion.

    But yeah it's more for fun having those 0-60 and dyno things on digimoto.. good excuse to rinse the car every now and then
    ok , well i prolly will end up just buying the ISO scantool as most cars here in europe are ISO, and the obd.com one isn't available outside US (and if it was put about 30 euro's shipping and 30 euro's wiretransfer costs)

    anyone knows for sure that a 2001 opel/vauxhall corsa b has obdII?

    prolly won't get a reply from digimoto till tomorrow (time difference and all)
    my destinator map resource down permanently

  5. #15
    See me in my wet t-shirt. stevieg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Warwickshire, UK
    Posts
    1,887
    Quote Originally Posted by GReeToZ
    ok , well i prolly will end up just buying the ISO scantool as most cars here in europe are ISO, and the obd.com one isn't available outside US (and if it was put about 30 euro's shipping and 30 euro's wiretransfer costs)

    anyone knows for sure that a 2001 opel/vauxhall corsa b has obdII?

    prolly won't get a reply from digimoto till tomorrow (time difference and all)
    Where in europe are you?
    Ford Focus MP3 : www.stevieg.org/carpc Blog Updated 29 January 2009!
    Car PC Status: Complete - Undergoing Software Redevelopment

  6. #16
    See me in my wet t-shirt. stevieg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Warwickshire, UK
    Posts
    1,887
    only reason I ask is if you're in the UK www.gendan.co.uk resell digimoto and scantool together at a good price and they will check your car is going to work... I had to give them my VIN code as the focus changed to CAN my model year.
    Ford Focus MP3 : www.stevieg.org/carpc Blog Updated 29 January 2009!
    Car PC Status: Complete - Undergoing Software Redevelopment

  7. #17

  8. #18
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    44

    ProScan v2.0 OBD-II + Dyno + BEST PRICE

    Hi,
    I stumbled across this thread, and I just wanted to give my advice. My name is David Gore and I own Gore Research, the company that produces ProScan (http://www.MyScanTool.com).

    The new ProScan v2.0 software that I just released is available for the ELMScan interfaces produced by scantool.net. (The same hardware used by Digimoto.)

    ProScan is a complete professional OBD-II scan tool with the addition of a dynamometer and track performance analyzer (1/4 mile, etc).

    It is very difficult to determine horsepower and torque from real-world acceleration data. The only reliable method is to use a chassis dynamometer on a rotating drum of a known inertia.

    However, acceleration based dynos such as G-Tech and OBD-II readers are still very useful. The numbers should not be taken to heart, but instead the generated curves can be used on a relative basis. Perform a few pulls, throw out the funky results and average the rest. Do some work to your vehicle, then go repeat the process. The changes in the curves will show you which RPM bands you should tune for.

    On another note, I am very proud of the ProScan v2.0 software, and it is my goal to make it the most cost-effective automotive analysis tool in existence. Customer service is where I intend to shine. I am willing to work with you guys to turn ProScan into YOUR Ultimate analysis tool.

    Also, be cautious of Digimoto products. Please see the scantool.net forums, and you will see numerous recent complaints regarding unanswered emails and undelivered products. So beware.

    Also, why deal with anyone else. I will undercut ANY direct competitor's price! ProScan is the best product at the best price.

    This is a great forum, and I'm glad that I stumbled across it. I'll be sure to remain an active member!

    If you have any questions or comments, please drop by http://www.MyScanTool.com and submit the contact form.

    Thanks!
    David Gore
    Gore Research
    http://www.MyScanTool.com

  9. #19
    Variable Bitrate Batmanatthenewb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Newark, Ohio
    Posts
    309
    Hey David,

    Glad you found this forum. Thanks for answering my email the other day. Nice to see your site is up and functional. I originally contacted you last year when you were finishing college. It's great that you took the time to stay with ProScan. I'm sure having your wife help you sure makes a difference. In my opinion you program has the best look around. I will be ordering mine sometime next week. After all, I need to know what is happening to the BatMobile. And about you Camaro, you sure its realy an "import killer"?

    Batman

  10. #20
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmanatthenewb
    Hey David,

    Glad you found this forum. Thanks for answering my email the other day. Nice to see your site is up and functional. I originally contacted you last year when you were finishing college. It's great that you took the time to stay with ProScan. I'm sure having your wife help you sure makes a difference. In my opinion you program has the best look around. I will be ordering mine sometime next week. After all, I need to know what is happening to the BatMobile. And about you Camaro, you sure its realy an "import killer"?

    Batman

    LOL

    You've been doing some research apparently! The "import killer" is actually collecting dust at the moment... after the clutch, driveshaft, and rear end, the transmission was the next weak link.

    And yes, I can honestly say that I haven't seen an import run better than the camaro... at least here in southern WV. The closest I've seen was a Toyota S-Runner TRUCK (believe it or not). The thing was lowered, engine built, supercharged, and had a big shot of nitrous. I actually have a video of me racing it. He ran low 8's against me, but I heard he got 7.9s eventually. (1/8 Mile Track) Dang fast for a truck.

    Good luck with your car. If you order, don't forget to mention MP3Car.com for a $5 refund!

    Thanks,
    David

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What's your dream car?
    By Aaron Cake in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 172
    Last Post: 10-02-2007, 07:34 AM
  2. Skinnable OBD II Software
    By antimatter in forum Engine Management, OBD-II, Engine Diagnostics, etc.
    Replies: 374
    Last Post: 08-11-2006, 08:55 PM
  3. Just for laught: Computer and Car
    By MatrixPC in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-05-2005, 09:25 PM
  4. S.M.A.R.T. car
    By link138 in forum Newbie
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-12-2004, 09:14 AM
  5. Real Time Car tracking now working!
    By Magpie in forum GPS
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 10-27-2004, 04:08 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •