Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Land Rover Testbook / T4

I met one guy who managed to tap directly into the bus going to the SLABS ECU. He was able to read codes and set them. He hasn't wrapped up the hardware or software enough to build a generic user interface on top of it though. His ultimate plans are to release it as open source software, although I don't know what his timeframe looks like.

I don't know anything more. He just dropped me a note because I was running a small project related to this for a while. I gave up and am buying a '65 Series IIa.

Did you get anywhere wit the T4 diagnostics?

Quote Originally Posted by syd View Post
    I find it very hard to believe that the only diagnostic equipment for Land Rovers is either Test-Book, T4 or Rovacom.
    I would have thought that one of the OBD II readers would have been able to interface; there definitely is a need for such equipment.
    Currently the only other option is to ride around with the ABS warning lamp bulb removed from the instrument pack.
    Why is it hard to believe? The Rovacomm light goes for about $1500 which given the limited market size is pretty reasonable. Granted, I'm to cheap to pay that much, but if I owned a shop I'd drop that amount in a heartbeat. Compared to rent, insurance, and payroll, it would be a drop in the bucket.

Constant Bitrate
    Quote Originally Posted by millec View Post
    Why is it hard to believe? The Rovacomm light goes for about $1500 which given the limited market size is pretty reasonable. Granted, I'm to cheap to pay that much, but if I owned a shop I'd drop that amount in a heartbeat. Compared to rent, insurance, and payroll, it would be a drop in the bucket.
    Rovacom Lite doesn't exist anymore - prices are very competitive now, take a look at our web-site for details: http://www.ukobd.co.uk/landrover.asp

Gareth
    UKOBD

Your product is limited to a single vehicle and it is going for $1365.47 + shipping.

That is less reasonable than the Rovacomm Lite. At least with the other system I could use it to diagnose more than one Rover (mine or my club members).

Constant Bitrate
    Hi,

I think you need to look at the site in more detail:

a) Rovacom Lite did not cover all ECU's this does, therefore the price
    b) Hardware and software on a per ECU basis can now be purchased for multiple vehicle, you only need to buy as you need

Also Rovacom Lite is an obsolete product, the Faultmate is its replacement - brought out to be more competitive.

Hope that this helps.

Gareth

I've been putting some info together and developing an open source project of my own, called "Alt4", as in Alternative T4. It's early-days yet, but I have had some success communicating with Range Rover P38 ECUs.

Details are on my site:

http://www.swiftcomm.co.uk/alt4/

If anyone would like to have any input into the project, then please feel free to get in touch.

Cheers,
    Chrisall.

Quote Originally Posted by halligood View Post
    The 3 Amigos is 99.9% of the time a bad brake switch. It is a gray bugger mounted down by the pedal. Turn left 45 degrees and remove. Usually they can be taken apart and cleaned, but a new one is the best option. There is a recall on this part for some vehicles.
    As Land Rovers go, this is a 'cheap' fix.
    That's misinformation. The 3 amigos can be caused by all sorts of things and regularly are caused by a variety of things. Shuttle Valve, bad hub (that fouls the wheel speed sensor), bad wheel speed sensor, bad connector between the wheel speed sensor and the primary wire going to the SLABS ECU, bad modulator, etc. If you get the 3 amigos, have the code pulled and go from there.

T4 Land Rover Mobile plus nice diagnostic tool for land rover, T4 Mobile Plus has been designed with portability and ease of use foremost. T4 Mobile Plus has been specifically optimised for use as a "Road Test" tool using standard T4 diagnostic software. T4 Mobile Plus has been designed as a fully expandable diagnostic tool, which will support full integration with the expanding T4 Product Platform. if anyone is interested in it, pm me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12