Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Land Rover Testbook / T4

Land Rover Testbook / T4

Hi,

I'm looking for any information, schematics, software, hardware to do with Land Rover Testbook / T4 Diagnostics Systems. I am setting up a project to create an open-source (ie free!!!) alternative.

Cheers,
    Chrisall.

Will keep my eye out but Testbook and Rovacom are gold dust and kept very close to LR chest. The Rovacom as you may know IS the alternative.
    Please keep me in the loop as I would love to help and test out on my RR.
    Seen both on Ebay but extremely expensive.
    Just thought!! My brother has an original Rovacom unit (sealed unit/all in one jobby). Can you extract all data from unit source.
    Carputer Progress: [----*------]

Hardware: [---*-------]
    Softwarre: [------*----]
    Design: [Complete]
    Finance: [In Progress, multi items on Ebay]
    Fabbing: [Design complete, Assistance sought]

My project page

Yeah, I have looked at both the Rovacom & Autologic systems. I am aware that the Rovacom comes with all the pre-loaded software backed up on disc which I think would be worth a look at. I am starting a sourceforge project & will post details on all the forums I subscribe to as I would like to start gathering interested people together early in the new year.

Cheers,
    Chrisall

Raleigh, NC.... Nbi, Alpha quadrant (1 00 N, 38 00 E ) !!!
    I all for this project. Please let me know if i can help in any way. I will also ask around and see what i can find.

T4 Testbook software

Hello,

Has anybody any experience with this Russian site AutoCD which seems to sell the T4 Software and lots of other car and dealer related CD's ??

Thanks for any feedback

Andre

http://www.scantool.net/forum/index....;threadid=1420

Check out that thread. It is working on Bosch electronics which are what you will find in a Disco 2 anyway.

I've been asking around on this same subject for a while now. Queried the guys on discoweb.org and received no useful information. Googled for hours.

I think it can all be done, but we will need to sniff a rovacom or T4 connection to really figure things out. Personally, I'd be happy with just being able to pull codes from the SLABS and being able to reset/clear them.

I'm a C++ programmer (nav systems though) and I have a friend who does micro-controller work. He is very good at sniffing serial protocols, and said he'd help me out if I ever got serious about this project.

If you need a home for a project like this, let me know. I can probably setup some web space and a forum where we can discuss it on our rover clubs website.

--Craig

syd
    Sounds like you guys have the dreaded Disco II (3 Amigos) issue of ABS/HDC & TC warning lights flagged up by the Wabco (SLABS) ecu.

I have tried for a long time to find an answer to the problem, all we need is an OBD reader that will interface eith the Land Rover system.

Constant Bitrate
    We looked into this a while back, but decided that it was best to become a Rovacom dealer! The R&D work that they do is exceptional.

The Rovacom Lite is quite competitive for the functionality it offers.

Gareth
    UKOBD

syd
    I find it very hard to believe that the only diagnostic equipment for Land Rovers is either Test-Book, T4 or Rovacom.
    I would have thought that one of the OBD II readers would have been able to interface; there definitely is a need for such equipment.
    Currently the only other option is to ride around with the ABS warning lamp bulb removed from the instrument pack.

Wink Testbook, T4, Rovacom

Hello all,
    I am in Melbourne Australia.
    I am also interested in any information about a home made remedy to accessing my P38 Rangies computers. Would appreciate anything whatsoever, including where to get the software (especially for the EAS - What a nightmare) etc etc.

Regards BarneyV

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast