Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Opel Tigra ECU

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3

    Opel Tigra ECU

    Hello all.
    I'm a newbe, and I own a '98 Opel Tigra. Anyone knows what kind of ECU does it have?

    Thanks everyone!

  2. #2
    Neither darque nor pervert DarquePervert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Posts
    13,950
    You'd be better off looking at an Opel-specific site or picking up a shop manual for that vehicle.
    These forums are foussed on discussion of PCs in vehicles, not the computers that control engine management.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?



    Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

  3. #3
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Asaph, UK
    Posts
    100
    it's not OBD-II, you need a gm tech2 to scan it
    2001 Passat 130TDi Sport - Via Epia 15000, 1gb, 100gb, 220w psu, 7" lilliput motorized touch (chopped and in dash as a fixed), bluetooth, bu-303 gps, 7 port usb hub, tiny keyboard, netgear 54mb wifi, optima yellow top, ryder rt1170x, freecom dvb

  4. #4
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by DarquePervert View Post
    These forums are foussed on discussion of PCs in vehicles, not the computers that control engine management.
    Sure I know this... I am prying to know what info can be acquired (and than displayed through a car PC, maybe real-time) from my ECU.

  5. #5
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ste_nova View Post
    it's not OBD-II, you need a gm tech2 to scan it
    Thanks, altough this was not what I wanted to hear...
    Anyway, does anyone know if there is some open source project aimed at getting some data from my ECU?!? BTW, there is no way I'll get M$ Windows on my Tigra .

    Thanks!

  6. #6
    Constant Bitrate will_santana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro/Brasil
    Posts
    186
    sorry for bringing this old topic alive again. But I also have an Opel Tigra and I wonder if there's any update on this. Planning to do live data on my carputer, but the car surelly isn't OBD2. Maybe ALDL.

    Anyone was able to read the data without the Tech II (the most expensive automotive scanner I've seen)

    []s

  7. #7
    Newbie efcmandan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    North-West UK
    Posts
    10
    You'll probably get more information from the forum at Migweb:

    Clicky

  8. #8
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by will_santana View Post
    sorry for bringing this old topic alive again. But I also have an Opel Tigra and I wonder if there's any update on this. Planning to do live data on my carputer, but the car surelly isn't OBD2. Maybe ALDL.

    Anyone was able to read the data without the Tech II (the most expensive automotive scanner I've seen)

    []s
    Sorry for the blatent plug, but you need to take a look at our Vauxhall/Opel specific tool this covers the Tigra.

    Gareth
    UKOBD

  9. #9
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4
    i'have an opel tigra 1999. if you have a 16pin connector it could be ain iso9141 protocol... injection system is a multec (S on older veicle, MPi on new).
    To read this data it's possible that ELM 323 could work.

    your obd connector are needed pins 3-4-5-6-7-12-16.
    I will buy an interface based on elm323... i will wrote the results

  10. #10
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmiko View Post
    i'have an opel tigra 1999. if you have a 16pin connector it could be ain iso9141 protocol... injection system is a multec (S on older veicle, MPi on new).
    To read this data it's possible that ELM 323 could work.

    your obd connector are needed pins 3-4-5-6-7-12-16.
    I will buy an interface based on elm323... i will wrote the results
    Won't work I'm afraid, Vauxhall used a variety of protocol's, one of which is KWP2000 which is not supported.

    Gareth
    UKOBD

Similar Threads

  1. Opel Tech 2 report Diagnotics
    By salih in forum Engine Management, OBD-II, Engine Diagnostics, etc.
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-03-2007, 01:03 AM
  2. ECU Remapping
    By agrawal_nipun in forum Engine Management, OBD-II, Engine Diagnostics, etc.
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-06-2006, 08:58 PM
  3. OBDII read and programming ECU
    By johnwrx in forum Engine Management, OBD-II, Engine Diagnostics, etc.
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-11-2005, 10:48 PM
  4. Help me on Sagem SL 96 ECU
    By pashe007 in forum Engine Management, OBD-II, Engine Diagnostics, etc.
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-26-2005, 06:55 AM
  5. ECU to Car PC problem.
    By cas850 in forum Engine Management, OBD-II, Engine Diagnostics, etc.
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-23-2004, 02:15 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •