File Sync Beta Testers Required
Would anyone be willing to give my EZSync file synchronization application a bit of a beta test?
- Automatic detection of a stable network connection, and subsequent automatic synchronisation with your EZSync server
- Automatic delivery of client software upgrades from the server. EZSync checks for upgrades when connected to the server and automatically installs them if available.
- If you are running FrodoPlayer, EZSync will optionally automatically write MP3 file entries into the music database. Requires FP1.09 take 3.
- Recovery after loss of network connection. If not finished syncing and you need to drive away, just go and it will resume next time the network is connected (partial file syncs are not resumed; only whole files are copied).
- Uses an IP connection (port is configurable) for all file transfer.
- Specify different source and target locations for files.
- Runs in the system tray; optionally pops up the client window when the server is detected and a sync is in progress.
- Password protected logon (not encrypted).
- Recursive copy is performed, and the resulting directory structure is retained on the target PC.
Full details and a download link can be found here:
I've only just put the installer together, so please bear with me if you can't get it to work, as I have only one PC to test it on.
If you're going to give it a go, please post and let me know. I've been running it for a couple of weeks now and it seems to work ok for me. I hope it will be of some use to others. Feel free to post any requests for improvements.