I am pleased to announce that EZSync version 1.9 is now released. This release includes almost all of the features people have requested since the last one. I hope you all find it useful.
For full details and download links, please see follow the link in my signature.
Briefly, the new functionality is:
- Three different synchronization methods now available - Cumulative (files are copied from server to client), Mirror Server (files are copied from server to client, and files not on server are deleted from client), Two-Way (Files are copied in both directions).
- File filters now available on each directory.
- Priority of directories can now be set relative to each other.
- Free space is reported separately for all client partitions on the server status bar.
- Up to 10 different server connections are supported from the client (useful for syncing with more than one server or with the same server via different networks such as home wireless and internet).
- Configurable audio notifications added for sync start, sync end, and sync resume.
- Poll frequency for after a successful and complete sync can now be adjusted (default and was previously fixed at 60 mins).
- Modified files (such as having the ID3 tags changed on an MP3 file) will be re-synced.
- User id and password are stored in an encrypted form.
- Software can now be installed to any location.
Please note for those users who had the Car PC shutdown problem, there is a special upgrade step to fix it. Details are on the changes page, at the end of the 1.9 section, with the rest of the upgrade instructions.