Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: First character cut off on client

  1. #1
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    318

    First character cut off on client

    App seems to run quite well (though slow...) however I did stumble across a bug.

    All root folders on the client after mirror sync are missing the first character. This is not changed at all on the server. So after syncing folder "Music" will show up "usic" and folder "audiobooks" shows up "udiobooks" etc.

    Any fix?

    Thanks and good work!
    Asus Pundit Barebones PC
    7" Lilliput LCD
    P4 2.8ghz 512mb 120gb
    Windows XP Pro, VOICES
    Sony Xplode 10in Sub, Rockford 600w amp
    Pioneer 6x9's and 4x6's, Kenwood 4ch amp
    Black Widow Alarm with Pager

  2. #2
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    265
    Quote Originally Posted by ryguy
    App seems to run quite well (though slow...) however I did stumble across a bug.

    All root folders on the client after mirror sync are missing the first character. This is not changed at all on the server. So after syncing folder "Music" will show up "usic" and folder "audiobooks" shows up "udiobooks" etc.

    Any fix?

    Thanks and good work!
    I'll look into that one.

    As far as speed is concerned, the only thing I am aware of that can affect performance is the speed at which your wireless network is running. I've not heard anyone complain of that before. Is there any specific way in which it is slow ?

  3. #3
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    318
    Regarding speed I am running on a 100mbit network (for initial sync) and it seems to copy files much slower than it would if i was simply copying and pasting files within explorer (across the network). This could be a result of any kind of error checking you are doing?
    Asus Pundit Barebones PC
    7" Lilliput LCD
    P4 2.8ghz 512mb 120gb
    Windows XP Pro, VOICES
    Sony Xplode 10in Sub, Rockford 600w amp
    Pioneer 6x9's and 4x6's, Kenwood 4ch amp
    Black Widow Alarm with Pager

  4. #4
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    179
    I'm experiencing the same issue when doing a mirror of the server. The Client thinks it's missing the folders because instead of /foldername, it's copying it as /oldername

    Is there a fix for this yet? Thanks.

  5. #5
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    265
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeBoy24
    I'm experiencing the same issue when doing a mirror of the server. The Client thinks it's missing the folders because instead of /foldername, it's copying it as /oldername

    Is there a fix for this yet? Thanks.
    I couldn't reproduce it here, hence I couldn't fix it. Can you post your config (ezsyncsrv.ini) ?

  6. #6
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    179
    Quote Originally Posted by ric355
    I couldn't reproduce it here, hence I couldn't fix it. Can you post your config (ezsyncsrv.ini) ?
    The problem occurs when I'm syncing with the root directory of a drive. In my case, I'm syncing my E:\ with C:\mp3s

    How are the directory names parsed? Is it possible that the "\" in "E:\" is messing it up?

    Here is my ezsyncsrv.ini

    [Config]
    ClientInstallDrive=C:
    StartMinimized=1
    ExtraUpgradeFilesInstalled=1
    [Directories]
    E:\=C:\mp3s,S,*.*

  7. #7
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    265
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeBoy24
    The problem occurs when I'm syncing with the root directory of a drive. In my case, I'm syncing my E:\ with C:\mp3s

    How are the directory names parsed? Is it possible that the "\" in "E:\" is messing it up?

    Here is my ezsyncsrv.ini

    [Config]
    ClientInstallDrive=C:
    StartMinimized=1
    ExtraUpgradeFilesInstalled=1
    [Directories]
    E:\=C:\mp3s,S,*.*

    I'm on a roll - I've reproduced this one as well now. Should be able to fix it with a bit of debugging.

    Ric.

  8. #8
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    265
    Quote Originally Posted by ric355
    I'm on a roll - I've reproduced this one as well now. Should be able to fix it with a bit of debugging.

    Ric.
    Fixed.

  9. #9
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    179
    Awesome!!!

    When will there be a new release?

Similar Threads

  1. character lcd wont work
    By dickimon in forum Newbie
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-09-2005, 08:21 PM
  2. Character LCD in MediaCar
    By RagingTurkey in forum MediaCar
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-22-2004, 04:09 AM
  3. Choosing a Character display...
    By Kryten in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-16-2003, 10:43 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-24-2003, 02:42 PM
  5. character and tft lcd at the same time
    By Sike in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-05-2001, 06:56 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •