Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: what am i doing wrong?

  1. #1
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    100

    what am i doing wrong?

    I have followed all the directions but i can't get it to work. On the client side it detects the server then goes through the 4 stability cecks and repeats. Tcp ports are the same but it wont sync up

  2. #2
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    265
    Quote Originally Posted by refuse
    I have followed all the directions but i can't get it to work. On the client side it detects the server then goes through the 4 stability cecks and repeats. Tcp ports are the same but it wont sync up
    The stability checks are just network pings. Do you have windows firewall running (or any other firewall) and is the EZSync port open?

  3. #3
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by ric355
    The stability checks are just network pings. Do you have windows firewall running (or any other firewall) and is the EZSync port open?
    I turned off the firewall and i have tried different ports. You don't have to manualy open the port anywhere do you? Just set it in the .ini right?

  4. #4
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    265
    Quote Originally Posted by refuse
    I turned off the firewall and i have tried different ports. You don't have to manualy open the port anywhere do you? Just set it in the .ini right?
    Just set it in the ini file on both client and server. Default port normally works fine but isn't open on the firewall by default.

    Are there any messages in the log window on the server side?
    Did you set the user id and password to be the same on both client and server? Is it possible you made a typo setting them? If you've left these blank I'm not sure whether it works or not. If you want to reset the password, shut down the software on both client and server, delete *.dat from both client and server, then restart both applications. You will be prompted to enter new information.

    The only other thing to do is make sure you've set up your sync directories correctly.

    Ric.

Similar Threads

  1. GPS giving wrong coordinates!
    By bmw318ISCoupe in forum GPS
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-05-2006, 04:06 PM
  2. Something wrong, help need! : making -8V and 5V PS,
    By helloman in forum Power Supplies
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-06-2004, 05:08 PM
  3. Tell me where I'm going wrong PLEASE,
    By Sunglassesron in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-10-2003, 05:43 PM
  4. Ok here's another, "What's wrong with this picture"
    By CrazyLittle in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-25-2002, 12:11 PM
  5. Something wrong, help need! : making -8V and 5V PS,
    By helloman in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-27-2001, 04:51 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •