Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Fabricating a mount with adjustable arm for my new 10.4 LCD

  1. #11
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by xxzeenoxx View Post
    I'm having the same EXACT dilemma. My screen comes in on friday, and i also have that extra space under my headunit. I kind of like your idea of using the wood in the compartment and attaching the screen to that. Let me know how it goes.
    I will.

  2. #12
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    120
    I got my screen today and mad a quick bracket I'll try to take some pics tonight and post them up. I'm not really excited by the way it came out but will do the job for now.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    As you sow, so shall you reep
    My Install- http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...-10-4-lcd.html

  3. #13
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by AJWatU View Post
    I got my screen today and mad a quick bracket I'll try to take some pics tonight and post them up. I'm not really excited by the way it came out but will do the job for now.
    nice...i'm anxious to see what you came up with.

  4. #14
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by xxzeenoxx View Post
    nice...i'm anxious to see what you came up with.
    There you go. The first is just a comparison pic of the 10.4 compared to the 7 It looks HUGE. The second is a pic of the mount in the slot. the third is the mount itself. The fourth is just showing where the screen will be with the mount. I cut a piece of aluminum to the size of the block of wood and predrilled three holes for screws to hold the plate in place. Then I drilled two holes for the mount and unscrewed the plate recessed the holes(mount holes) a little then screwed the plate to the mount and the plate to the wood.
    As you sow, so shall you reep
    My Install- http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...-10-4-lcd.html

  5. #15
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by AJWatU View Post
    There you go. The first is just a comparison pic of the 10.4 compared to the 7 It looks HUGE. The second is a pic of the mount in the slot. the third is the mount itself. The fourth is just showing where the screen will be with the mount. I cut a piece of aluminum to the size of the block of wood and predrilled three holes for screws to hold the plate in place. Then I drilled two holes for the mount and unscrewed the plate recessed the holes(mount holes) a little then screwed the plate to the mount and the plate to the wood.
    Where did you get that black mount?

  6. #16
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by xxzeenoxx View Post
    Where did you get that black mount?
    The mount came with the screen it actually is supposed to connect to a stand.
    As you sow, so shall you reep
    My Install- http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...-10-4-lcd.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. 8.4 to 10.4 LCD CMB Mount
    By blackflux in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-30-2005, 08:39 PM
  2. Did I get a Good Deal? 10.4" LCD ?
    By eljefe in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-18-2000, 09:45 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •