Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34

Thread: Deville DTS, Monitor Fabrication, -Nexson (Pics)

  1. #11
    Low Bitrate yaniv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    83
    Thank you this is very helpful!

  2. #12
    VENDOR - Nexations Creations Nexson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    593
    Mike, you should be getting this today, let me know!
    Brian @Nexations Creations

    Specialist in Custom Interior Fiberglass OEM Replication Work.

    AIM: Exus28
    E-Mail: [email protected]

  3. #13
    Maximum Bitrate tundra2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    551
    @Nexson

    -i have read a lot about fiberglassing, and im about to fab my xenarc onto my F150 bezel. a few questions:

    1) what is the difference between the epoxy putty and the duraglass? how much of each do you use, and at what point do i switch over between the two?

    2) what kind of sanding is done in between each step? i know you start getting into wetsanding towards the end when you want a smooth finish. but what grit is used for each step when you state "Sanded Down"?

  4. #14
    Variable Bitrate quantum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    372
    Just an update BTW, my bezel is still being matched and dipped. Should have it back in a week or two and I'll post the finished pics right here, and in my new worklog of course.

    Do I sound anxious?

  5. #15
    VENDOR - Nexations Creations Nexson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    593
    Quote Originally Posted by tundra2000 View Post
    @Nexson

    -i have read a lot about fiberglassing, and im about to fab my xenarc onto my F150 bezel. a few questions:

    1) what is the difference between the epoxy putty and the duraglass? how much of each do you use, and at what point do i switch over between the two?

    2) what kind of sanding is done in between each step? i know you start getting into wetsanding towards the end when you want a smooth finish. but what grit is used for each step when you state "Sanded Down"?
    1) I use epoxy putty as for first stage of a filler, it is much stronger then any other filler and I use it to fill in the deep areas that need strength. Once you have got the surface somewhat even with epoxy putty then you can switch over to duraglass, it is really a judgement call for how much you use. To sand down the epoxy putty, take 36 grit to it. I spread it with my finger.

    2) Epoxy-36 -80, duraglass 36-80-120, rage Xtreme 80-120-220 and higher, wetsand 400 and on

    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    Just an update BTW, my bezel is still being matched and dipped. Should have it back in a week or two and I'll post the finished pics right here, and in my new worklog of course.

    Do I sound anxious?

    who hoo, can't wait!!
    Brian @Nexations Creations

    Specialist in Custom Interior Fiberglass OEM Replication Work.

    AIM: Exus28
    E-Mail: [email protected]

  6. #16
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    150
    looks good. i know a bit about the water transfer printing process and i hope that the company doing your work used a sealer (the company i deal with doesn't). water can have ill effects on primer/filler. wish i would have seen this a little earlier to give you the heads up.

    anyways, it looks great and i hope it turns out well. keep us updated.

  7. #17
    VENDOR - Nexations Creations Nexson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    593
    I am sure it will be fine since the company hasn't given him any problems.
    Brian @Nexations Creations

    Specialist in Custom Interior Fiberglass OEM Replication Work.

    AIM: Exus28
    E-Mail: [email protected]

  8. #18
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    150
    hope so... great work.

  9. #19
    Variable Bitrate quantum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    372
    Quote Originally Posted by BLACKonBLACK98 View Post
    looks good. i know a bit about the water transfer printing process and i hope that the company doing your work used a sealer (the company i deal with doesn't). water can have ill effects on primer/filler. wish i would have seen this a little earlier to give you the heads up.
    Hey BLACKonBLACK98, who do you use? I went with Phoenix Imaging, and heard nothing but awesome things about them. Besides, Nexon could crank one of these babies out in a hearbeat for me again if I hafta ring it out when I get it back, LOL.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nexson View Post
    I am sure it will be fine since the company hasn't given him any problems.
    Yeah, except for the problem of them taking EXACTLY how long they SAID they were going to take, bastards!

  10. #20
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    150
    i'm going directly through b&i trim since custom parts is my business. they will usually send you to a retailer.

    i have heard of pheonix imaging and even seen some of their finished pieces on the web. they look to be a good company as well.

    the reason i know about using the sealer is because i asked one of the employees when i thought i was almost ready to send my stuff in (plans changed). since the piece is submerged in water theyre can be undesirable effects to absorbent materials such as primer and filler.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. For those who want true 5.1 Dolby Digital and DTS
    By antimatter in forum Car Audio
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 06-29-2007, 11:54 AM
  2. 1995 Suzuki GSX-R 750 FINISHED! PICS PICS PICS!!!
    By xdjxklusivex in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 01-08-2007, 05:16 PM
  3. Tidder's Suncrap Whoring
    By kamikaze2112 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 368
    Last Post: 09-07-2006, 12:07 AM
  4. I'm dating a deaf chick
    By Grayscale in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 114
    Last Post: 02-22-2006, 04:47 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •