Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: 2005 F150 Custom Console Dilemma

  1. #21
    High Voltage blk02si's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Motorcity
    Posts
    2,262
    Blog Entries
    1
    I think I may rebuild my console
    Build Things, it keeps your brain busy.

    AutoPC v1 (Retired) - AutoPC v2 (in progress) - www.shocknet.us

  2. #22
    Newbie thenewbreed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    SE TX
    Posts
    55
    Thats awesome I may be copying you just a tad. What are you setting up each unit to do.

  3. #23
    Raw Wave treetop777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    War-Town, GA.
    Posts
    2,233
    I could swear this thread was dead. Thanks for the compliments and suggestions. I love driving the truck, the AV and computer are fully functional.

    The computer's sound and video are fed to the AV input of the (Panasonic)HU which is very nice cause whatever is on the HU can be displayed in the back headrest monitors.

    The AV out from the HU also feeds the monitor so there are a lot of functions i can do at the same time or independently.

    I may build another one and try to eliminate those visible screws and paint the sides charcoal gray.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    ****************************************
    OLD SYSTEM (DEAD)
    Intel D945GCLF2 Dual Core ATOM
    Lilliput 7" 629GL 2008 LED Backlight
    BU-353 USB GPS Receiver / iGuidance / IGO8
    M2-ATX Power Supply
    RideRunner Front End / Various Skins
    Windows XP SP3

  4. #24
    Newbie thenewbreed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    SE TX
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by treetop777 View Post
    I could swear this thread was dead. Thanks for the compliments and suggestions. I love driving the truck, the AV and computer are fully functional.

    The computer's sound and video are fed to the AV input of the (Panasonic)HU which is very nice cause whatever is on the HU can be displayed in the back headrest monitors.

    The AV out from the HU also feeds the monitor so there are a lot of functions i can do at the same time or independently.

    I may build another one and try to eliminate those visible screws and paint the sides charcoal gray.
    If you decide on building a new one. PM me Id be interested in buying that one

  5. #25
    Vendor - C&C CUSTOMS CabeSipes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    112
    It would be very easy to hide the screws as is. Go to any hardware store and get "wood plugs". They come in a variety of diameters and they taper a little towards the bottom. Remove your screws and use a bore bit or countersink bit the same diameter as your plug and counter sink it down the same thicknes. Next go to a hobby store and get tiny flat disc magnets and attache them to the bottom of your plugs.....embed them if you can or your counter sink holes will need to be made a little deeper. Then stain your plug tops and when you put them in the hole the magnets will stick to the screw tops. When you want to remove them use a piece of double sided tape to pull them out.

    Just trying to save you from rebuilding it. It looks pretty nice, good job.

  6. #26
    Raw Wave treetop777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    War-Town, GA.
    Posts
    2,233
    Quote Originally Posted by CabeSipes View Post
    It would be very easy to hide the screws as is. Go to any hardware store and get "wood plugs". They come in a variety of diameters and they taper a little towards the bottom. Remove your screws and use a bore bit or countersink bit the same diameter as your plug and counter sink it down the same thicknes. Next go to a hobby store and get tiny flat disc magnets and attache them to the bottom of your plugs.....embed them if you can or your counter sink holes will need to be made a little deeper. Then stain your plug tops and when you put them in the hole the magnets will stick to the screw tops. When you want to remove them use a piece of double sided tape to pull them out.

    Just trying to save you from rebuilding it. It looks pretty nice, good job.
    Yep, i can picture what you're saying. Unfortunately, you give me to much credit, i imagine it would take detailed and careful work to get it right - not one of my strong points - hell, it took 3 prototypes to get the console right!

    Same to "thenewbreed" - don't hold your breath!

    Appreciate the comments.
    ****************************************
    OLD SYSTEM (DEAD)
    Intel D945GCLF2 Dual Core ATOM
    Lilliput 7" 629GL 2008 LED Backlight
    BU-353 USB GPS Receiver / iGuidance / IGO8
    M2-ATX Power Supply
    RideRunner Front End / Various Skins
    Windows XP SP3

  7. #27
    High Voltage blk02si's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Motorcity
    Posts
    2,262
    Blog Entries
    1
    Hey treetop, what skin/interface are you using in the above pix?
    Build Things, it keeps your brain busy.

    AutoPC v1 (Retired) - AutoPC v2 (in progress) - www.shocknet.us

  8. #28
    Raw Wave treetop777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    War-Town, GA.
    Posts
    2,233
    Quote Originally Posted by blk02si View Post
    Hey treetop, what skin/interface are you using in the above pix?
    Did you notice the background?

    It's iDrive SE (Special Edition) by Enforcer - only a few were distributed.
    ****************************************
    OLD SYSTEM (DEAD)
    Intel D945GCLF2 Dual Core ATOM
    Lilliput 7" 629GL 2008 LED Backlight
    BU-353 USB GPS Receiver / iGuidance / IGO8
    M2-ATX Power Supply
    RideRunner Front End / Various Skins
    Windows XP SP3

  9. #29
    Newbie thenewbreed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    SE TX
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by treetop777 View Post

    Same to "thenewbreed" - don't hold your breath!

    Appreciate the comments.
    HUrry up Im turning BLUE here. LOL. Great work no matter what. THe screws are not too bad

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. 2003 BMW M3 Custom Dash / Overhead Console
    By gork in forum Show off your project
    Replies: 373
    Last Post: 01-01-2008, 07:52 PM
  2. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 07-11-2006, 06:07 PM
  3. custom pc/laptop/game console idea?
    By icet in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-11-2004, 01:33 PM
  4. fiberglass custom console
    By pcman in forum General MP3Car Discussion
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 09-08-2003, 11:58 PM
  5. Illuminated buttons for custom console
    By mccleanp in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-18-2002, 09:37 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •