Finally upgraded my battery to something good :-) Northstar ultra high performance AGM battery. This thing is sweet 930 CCA! The factory was only 700 CCA. Not shown in the picture but done today was upgrading the ground strap and main power feed to quality 4 guage wire. This made a big difference in the OEM and aftermarket electrical systems. No more dimming of lights when high load circuits are in use like full heater or firing HIDs. Starter motor sounds like a jet turbine now. All in all im happy about the upgrade. PC is still running great!Attachment 71544
Man nice work you got there. Congratulations for ur new birth too. I wish you the best for all ur family. If you dont mind i have a question . I saw that in ur first setup you had installed a cf to ide adapter. Were you happy with it . Was it running faster than a hdd ( 5400 or even 7200 ) . I want to buy one and test it ( not in the car but it my daughter's pc. Did you had it for primary and windows installation or just files ?
I am wishing you the best for ur new baby family and ur nice car.
Yes definitely faster than a HHD, but I was using that back before the widespread availability of SSD's. I would suggest using a modern SSD over the CF > IDE adaptor.
No more ssd for oyr pc now. I just plugged the one in the car cause i was afraid of vibration. i have a spare cf (4 GB) so i was thinking an adapter which is cheap to add some virtual memory to my kid's ( p4 ) pc.
Originally Posted by blk02si
Thanks for the feedback man.
Update, My Directed HD tuner finally died :-( It's been acting strange, cutting out and sometimes not turning on for about a month. Finally it just quit working.
Not a bad run though I've had it for 7 years. Picked up a new module, plugged it in, and was up and running again in about 20 minutes.
Updated to the newest Riderunner version, finally without the nag screen and it's working absolutely perfect. Big thanks to mitchjs for his continuing efforts.
Also put some new suspension on at all 4 corners. Rides like new again. Put some monroe load sensing shocks on the back with the extra coilover. New suspension lifted it about an inch :-)
In other news I started a projector retrofit for the headlights. Its been slow going but I keep chipping away at that project day by day.
Last but not least my new boy has been taking most of my free time, he is an amazing little guy. I can already tell he is going to be following in my footsteps with the technical stuff ;-)
Well a sad day.. PC stopped booting :-( pulled it from the truck yesterday to find a lot of corrosion on my m2atx and after initial testing , looks like a dead mobo. Hopefully the ssd is ok! I was just thinking about how creating an image would be a good idea lol. over 2 years since installing the gigabyte mobo , so not too bad of a run. I ordered a new m2 atx, but could not find a new mobo of the same model. I did find a lot of used mobos of the same model number on ebay guaranteed to work for $20 each so i bought 2 :-) Hopefully these parts will get me back up and running! ill keep ya guys updated. Took some pix of the old m2 that is 8 years old now, not sure where or how the corrosion started.
bummer about the mobo, nice looking retrofit and kid!