So here is where I put down some special epoxy around the brittle edges. Since I do not want to get the fiberglass to close to my perfect edges within my tweeter pod, I use the epoxy as a structural bond between the PVC and fleece, then I can glass over that, but not so close to the edge.
Some 1.5 oz mat
That's all for now, it is all a process from here, since the hard part is done. I am going to do the passenger side now and bring that up to the same stage as this one.
a little duraglass, still a lot of smoothing to do, but it is quickly taking shape.
I put down some Rage Extreme where it needed it. It is now time for primer. I am going to use some slicksand on this panel to fill in all the defects. I have to pick some up though.
I primered the pod with slicksand, which is a very thick primer. I got it to run in many areas to build up the thickness. Once that was all sanded down I hit it up with some rattle can hi build primer. From here I will tweak out the little defects still around with spot putty. Not much longer now!