For starters I picked up a cheap TView flip down (roof mount) monitor from eBay for a few bucks
I did my research and even though TView claims this was a 13" monitor the actual viewing area was actually supposed to be 12.1 inches (even that was slightly off I later learned).
I got the monitor in the mail and within 30 minutes I had already taken it apart to see if I can make it work.
All of this was without ever turning the brand new unit on to even find out if it worked.
Display with old LCD in place (take note of the metal mounting bracket. This would be my first obstacle as I will somehow have to get all the wires from the screen passing through the bracket for this to work)
First thing first, I concentrated my efforts in the LCD display
I took the LCD out and test fitted to be sure my LCD would fit.
I must say I breathed a slight sigh of relief when I realized that the Lillilput LED back-lit LCD was close to 8mm thinner than the one that the monitor originally came with which meant I would have a bit more room to work with.