Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Chopped Case

  1. #1
    Variable Bitrate Pokey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Posts
    284

    Cool Chopped Case

    I thought you guys would find this interesting, the case i had enclosed my motherboard with was about twice as large as i needed it, So i was thinking i could cut it in half and re-rivet it.

    I didn't think it turned out too bad, but my girlfirend is getting a little upset with me for spending all this time lately making this carputer.

    She's telling me, its me or the car.

    Damn... I am going to miss that girl.

    /
    Attached Images Attached Images     

  2. #2
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    485
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokey
    I thought you guys would find this interesting, the case i had enclosed my motherboard with was about twice as large as i needed it, So i was thinking i could cut it in half and re-rivet it.

    I didn't think it turned out too bad, but my girlfirend is getting a little upset with me for spending all this time lately making this carputer.

    She's telling me, its me or the car.

    Damn... I am going to miss that girl.

    /
    Haha, poor girl.

    Nice job on the case As if it was meant to be like that!
    ----------------------
    VIA Epia II
    256MB 266DDR Ram
    90GB Wester Digital
    Bluetooth/Deluo GPS
    Lilliput 7" Touchscreen
    ----------------------
    Mazda 6 Carputter > Click Me!

  3. #3
    Top Ramen lgbr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Spokane, WA, US
    Posts
    973
    How'd you do that?
    Audio Rockford Fosgate: 900 Watt 4-channel amp, 501bd Mono amp
    Computer AMD 2400+ XP, 1 GB DDR RAM, Orbit Micro 250W DC-DC PSU

    Head units are for cheaters!
    sure some girls fake orgasms.....but it's guys like me who fake the whole relationship

  4. #4
    FLA gospeed.racer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    1,303
    Very nice.....Hmmm...gives me ideas too! not for car pc so much, but for some old cases I have lying around
    2005 Ford Focus ST

  5. #5
    Raw Wave rando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Posts
    1,973
    Nice work! Maybe I'll try that with my C134 .... it's too big!

  6. #6
    Raw Wave Rob Withey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Bedfordshire, UK
    Posts
    2,139
    Quote Originally Posted by rando
    Nice work! Maybe I'll try that with my C134 .... it's too big!
    True, true. I cut my 6x2x12" case down to 6x2x8" because I thought that was too big.
    Old Systems retired due to new car
    New system at design/prototype stage on BeagleBoard.

  7. #7
    Raw Wave rando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Posts
    1,973
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Withey
    True, true. I cut my 6x2x12" case down to 6x2x8" because I thought that was too big.
    6"? So you cut off 1" of your motherboard too?

    Hey, I wonder if you can post the 4" of c134 on the FS forum and maybe get 33% * $150 USD for it?

  8. #8
    Constant Bitrate fondoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    190
    let me guess.. you used a dremel.

  9. #9
    Clover Grayscale's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    1,549
    <3 dremels

  10. #10
    Raw Wave Rob Withey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Bedfordshire, UK
    Posts
    2,139
    Quote Originally Posted by rando
    6"? So you cut off 1" of your motherboard too?
    My motherboard is 8" x 6". Not everyone runs a mini ITX.
    Old Systems retired due to new car
    New system at design/prototype stage on BeagleBoard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 97
    Last Post: 09-18-2006, 02:56 PM
  2. To case or not to case?
    By dummptyhummpty in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-08-2004, 07:19 PM
  3. Looking for a case...
    By gork in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-05-2003, 02:02 AM
  4. Need your input on custom case
    By Adam F in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-24-2002, 10:42 PM
  5. Mounting the case
    By TheFly in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-05-2002, 04:11 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •