Well, not everything worked quite as planned, as it always the case.
After Sanding, and getting everything really nice and smooth at the sides and top, with only minimal spot filling needed before giving it some a primer blow over, to find the high and low spots, and starting on the bottom, it was a lot harder to get enough epoxy putty in behind.
And it cracked. I lifted itself right away from the console surround. and it started to spread up the sides.
So, before I settle to going back to bondo to fix it up, I dud out some of the trimmings from the console, and the ABS/PVC solvent weld adhesive. I didn't make a paste, but I did basically glue bits and pieces of the off cuts between the screen case and the console surround at the bottom and sides where it has started to break off.
If it works, bondo and sanding tomorrow night.
If it fails, the fibreglass is coming out.