Just wanted to give an update on my progress.
I have finally got Road Runner to recognize Sirius, I had to change it from XM to Sirius in the DigitalFX2.0 skin.ini file. Once I did that it worked right away.
I ordered my amp kit and all other appropriate wiring this past week since I will start installing next weekend (very excited!). I will post pictures of the process and plan to give a very detailed description of how I am wiring a shaker 500 system with no head unit. I know people have explained it with wiring diagrams (that are difficult to read for some) but I will show the full process (with pictures) on how this is done.
Great to hear greg, glad your project is nearing completion, I know i've been kinda quite on the boards this month been very busy with work, school and remodeling my house. Hope all is well guys, kilimats I PM's you.
Looking forward to seeing how you work it gla. I'm starting on the same road as you. Although I may completely replace the Shaker system in my car. I was told that the door sub enclosures are probably custom boxes and putting after market speakers in them may not work out too well. So this weekend I'm gutting one of the doors to see just what is hiding back there and what my possible options are. I may just leave them unwired and put a custom box in my trunk.
Get back on AIM blk :P You ran off last night before I could ask you to make me a chassis!
Just picked up the chassis you made looks great! Mounted the Metra kit to it and the whole thing looks like it was built for the car.
I'm going to mount the screen now, and hope I don't mess it up from here. Once the screen is mounted, I feel confident the rest should be fairly straight forward.
Thanks for all of your work on this Joe, much appreciated.
By the way the Xernac screen has now changed and everything is on one board. Not sure if this is going to make it harder or easier however I think I would have preferred everything coming apart.
Whats up everyone I am getting towards the installation part and I thought I would post some pictures of the build so far and some fabrcation I had to make to Joe's hard drive case he made for me. The only reason I modded it a bit was because the power supply would not have fit on top of the hard drive case stayed its original size.
So here are some pictures of the actual hard drive case/holder and how I made the cuts and finally it installed with the power supply mounted to the back of it. It turned out pretty good i just had to angle the hard drive a little higher so the power supply could fit below the back portion of the drive.
Hope you enjoy and that it helps with anything you may have had questions about.
I will post detailed pictures of speaker/amp wiring next to include seat removal (front passenger/back and center console)
Here is the finished product after I had the hard drive and the power supply mounted.
Here are some pictures of the seat removal and then wiring of the amp/speakers to follow. I ran the amp power cable up the middle console and the speaker wires on the passenger side because i saw other wires on the passenger side and didn't want the power cable to interfere with the wires that were which are probably speaker wires. The only thing I am concerned with is the speaker wires I ran and the amp power cable have to cross each other (the amp cable will be going out the passenger side near the factory antenna so it has to cross paths with the speaker wire but I am told as long as it's perpendicular it'll be ok it just can't be any parrellel running of power and speaker wires......let me know if any of you know different....thanks)
Here go some more pictures
Now this part was hard only becaue the connection behind the temp controls was extra hard to get off until I figured out you had to pull gray lever up for it to pull out.