I am done, thank god GoHybrid lives just down the street from me, this guy is a master at this stuff.. if you all didnt already know that. Took only 3 hours and it looks ******* awesome..
This foam we used is AMAZING, its hard as hell.. lets just say I wouldn't want a crash helmet made out of this stuff.. might as well smash your head against concrete. yet Its easy to work with and shape with 60grit. (See GoHybrid's howto work with foam)
Cut the block to our aprox size
Then we started shaping the sides to the dimensions we needed, this stuff is extremely easy to work with..
Once we got the sides to shape we then started shaping the surface
Then we cut out the hole for the profec roughly with a jig saw and then started sanding that to shape
Then we painted it with primer to fill the holes, then sanded and applied some spackle to fill the big holes, sanded some more, applied another layer of primer, yes yo guessed it.. sanded some more then we used flat black rust-away paint (LOL!) to finish the job up.. Its scary how close it matches the color.
and now to install it and see how it looks.......
all I got to say is WOW, this came out even better than I had hoped!!
Now we plan on making a cast and mass producing these, this is in a MKIV VW VR6 Turbo by the way... if your interested in getting a copy pm me.