Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32

Thread: Custom ipod holder?(new project+pics on page 2)

  1. #11
    Low Bitrate rudels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    100





























  2. #12
    Low Bitrate rudels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    100












    they say a picture speaks a thousand words... iv got 34 pics.. so iv said 34000 words... hope this is enough the pics pretty much explpain themselvs, but if there are any peugeot drivers out there who want to do this then just send me a private msg and ill be happy to answer any questions. Btw, the entire project cost virtually nothing to make, i spent R10 on glue, R20 on leathers, R15 on the aux cable(my front loader has a "line out" and found the wood in my work shed

  3. #13
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    369
    got wood?

    Nice work!!!

  4. #14
    Maximum Bitrate GoHybrid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    867
    i thought it would actually "dock" and get the audio through there and provide charging... but this is cool too. Yay wüd.
    Et ipsa scientia potestas est.

    Worklog for my 2007 Civic Si ...f*** it...
    Pictures of the Corolla (retired)here
    Need to make something? Here are a few ideas.

  5. #15
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    12
    Very Nice. i love the pics.

  6. #16
    Low Bitrate rudels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by GoHybrid View Post
    i thought it would actually "dock" and get the audio through there and provide charging... but this is cool too. Yay wüd.
    thanx to all for the feedback ya i originally want that too... but my front loader cant do the whole usb dock vibe... so i improvised

  7. #17
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2

    Talking

    Here is a mount that I made at work a week or two ago, it is made out of .500" Black Delrin. The legs are .575". Obviously it is made for a desktop, but I've been wanting to make one for my Jeep. It wouldn't take much, and the design could be pretty close to the template I already have. If I have time today I'll draw up one and post some pictures. Sorry I don't have any real pics of it, but I assure you the one that I have already made looks spot on for the pics..

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5.../ipodstand.jpg


    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...ipodstand2.jpg

    First post btw...

  8. #18
    Low Bitrate rudels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by HomerJ View Post
    Here is a mount that I made at work a week or two ago, it is made out of .500" Black Delrin. The legs are .575". Obviously it is made for a desktop, but I've been wanting to make one for my Jeep. It wouldn't take much, and the design could be pretty close to the template I already have. If I have time today I'll draw up one and post some pictures. Sorry I don't have any real pics of it, but I assure you the one that I have already made looks spot on for the pics..

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5.../ipodstand.jpg


    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...ipodstand2.jpg

    First post btw...
    WELCOME

    thnx for the pics... im sure one can easily modify that to fit nicely into a car...? would it be possible to make the sides less "thick"? i like things to sit nice and flush... and not stand out... but thnx for the post and welcome again

    btw, my latest project... they dont make faceplates for peugeot 206, well atleast not in South Africa anyway, so im making one using the post on "how to make a factory bezel" as my guide hope it all turns out well

  9. #19
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2
    Yeah, the only reason that I left the iPod sticking out above the surface is mainly because I cranked this thing out in about 20 mins. and the so that I could be able to get the iPod out of the stand easily without having to mill in thumb slots.. I guess I could have made it a little better looking, but I was looking for a solution in a short amount of time using scrap material we had laying around..

  10. #20
    Low Bitrate rudels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by HomerJ View Post
    Yeah, the only reason that I left the iPod sticking out above the surface is mainly because I cranked this thing out in about 20 mins. and the so that I could be able to get the iPod out of the stand easily without having to mill in thumb slots.. I guess I could have made it a little better looking, but I was looking for a solution in a short amount of time using scrap material we had laying around..
    haha... i know exactly how you feel... i did that with mine aswell... all i had was some wood lying around in the shed and ten mins later... i was already using the electric saw electic saws are awesome btw saved me alot of time but hey, we have to start somewhere right

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •