Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Using the data from a fusion brain sensor in another program

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3

    Using the data from a fusion brain sensor in another program

    I recently got my fusion brain for with an ultrasonic proximity sensor. i have the sensor working fine. my question is how do i use the proximity data gathered by the sensor in another program

  2. #2
    Fusion Brain Creator 2k1Toaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado, but Canadian!
    Posts
    10,045
    Quote Originally Posted by thecrtographer View Post
    I recently got my fusion brain for with an ultrasonic proximity sensor. i have the sensor working fine. my question is how do i use the proximity data gathered by the sensor in another program
    If the other program is COM enabled you can do it that way. What are you trying to accomplish?
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3
    I'm kind of a newb programmer, so i'm not really sure what COM is, but i want to use the ultrasonic sensors as a blind-spot checking system and output the distance of vehicles in the blind-spot to another program that alerts the driver.

  4. #4
    Constant Bitrate ACCLR8N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Davisburg, MI
    Posts
    195
    Component Object Model. It is a software interface standard that allows many different programs to talk to each other. Kind of like in the global automotive business English is the default language for documentation. Not everybody will know enough to fully get your point across but there is rudimentary understanding by most parties.

    COM reading:
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/fb-s...ig-update.html

    At the moment the COM interface will pass commands (turn off, turn on, volume up, key strokes ect.) and analog input values from your sensor 0 to 5 volt readings. The variable data you set up (logic functions) to convert to meaningful numbers (2.63 meters) can not be passed through the COM. Your receiving program will have to contain the formula to convert the data as well as receive the COM input.

  5. #5
    Fusion Brain Creator 2k1Toaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado, but Canadian!
    Posts
    10,045
    Quote Originally Posted by ACCLR8N View Post
    Component Object Model. It is a software interface standard that allows many different programs to talk to each other. Kind of like in the global automotive business English is the default language for documentation. Not everybody will know enough to fully get your point across but there is rudimentary understanding by most parties.

    COM reading:
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/fb-s...ig-update.html

    At the moment the COM interface will pass commands (turn off, turn on, volume up, key strokes ect.) and analog input values from your sensor 0 to 5 volt readings. The variable data you set up (logic functions) to convert to meaningful numbers (2.63 meters) can not be passed through the COM. Your receiving program will have to contain the formula to convert the data as well as receive the COM input.
    MDX sends both the analogue values AND any variables in the program through COM.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

  6. #6
    Constant Bitrate ACCLR8N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Davisburg, MI
    Posts
    195
    Really? Sorry about that, I've read a couple thousand posts the last few days and everybody seemed to be working around this. Can it receive a variable? For example set a target temperature value in RR and have MDX use that number in logic functions (climate control again)?

  7. #7
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
    MDX sends both the analogue values AND any variables in the program through COM.
    This is awesome news
    i am using a vb program as the driver allert system how would i use COM to send the distance values to this program

Similar Threads

  1. Fusion Brain and iBus
    By nemo1 in forum Fusion Brain
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-15-2008, 10:05 AM
  2. Vista won't see the Fusion Brain
    By Ineffigy in forum Fusion Brain
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-26-2008, 06:39 AM
  3. Fusion Brain Encloser
    By djurchicprelude in forum Fusion Brain
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-27-2008, 07:42 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-14-2008, 02:14 AM
  5. Fusion Brain Integration
    By michael2 in forum RR Plugins
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-21-2007, 11:59 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •