No announcement yet.

Replace those noisy VoomPC-2 case fans with these quiet SilenX 40mmx20mm fans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replace those noisy VoomPC-2 case fans with these quiet SilenX 40mmx20mm fans

The noise level on the vroom case was too noisy for me so I bought these SilenX fans which made a big improvement. I didn't keep the vroom case long and sold it, and kept these precious SilenX fans for a future carpc. I no longer need these hard to find items.

>>Forward Sweep Fan Blades
    >>Smaller Domed Motor Shape
    >>Fluid Dynamic Bearing System
    >>Silicone Vibration Dampeners
    Fan Type: Case Fan
    Fan Size: 40mm
    Bearing Type: Fluid Dynamic
    RPM: 3000 RPM
    Air Flow: 6 CFM
    Noise Level: 14 dBA
    Voltage: 8-14v
    Current: 0.04A
    Power Consumption: 0.48w

Price $23 shipping included to USA/Canada. International add $3.

Send me a private message so I that I get an email notice.
    Last edited by BlackStealth; 05-27-2011, 06:29 AM. Reason: spelling

If I'm not mistaken the original Vroom fans are around 30 dB, these are much quieter at 14 dB.

Comment

adding a shroud helps greatly too.
      when customers complain about the VoomPC/PC2 noise i generally recommend they remove the 40 x 40 x 20mm fans and replace with (4) 40 x 40 x 10mm fans. you take two of them and use them for shrouds (cut out the fan centers) the extra spacing cuts down A LOT of noise, and also greatly improves airflow. you'll get much better cfm:db ratio with this setup

also mastering the art of fan-speed-control in your mainboard's BIOS settings is also greatly helpful
      Last edited by chris_h; 06-18-2011, 11:06 AM.

Comment

here's an example of what i mean:

just cut out the center and bolt your additional fan right on, keeping the new shroud in between the case wall and the fan

Comment

Working...
        X