Microsoft Streets and Trips 2006 w/ GPS Locator Hardware - $50

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Streets and Trips 2006 w/ GPS Locator Hardware - $50

Didnt know where to put this so here you go guys...

www.woot.com

for those of you who dont know what woot is, they have one item a day so you have until midnight of today, March 1st, or until they run out of stock, to buy it.

Oh and if the "I want one!" button is jumping they are almost out...
    '08 VW Rabbit S 2.5

Carputer Progress:
    Design:[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] 100%
    Fabrication:[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]100%
    Installation:[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] 80%

In trouble...

dammit you beat me to it by a min. lol
    99' V6 Solara SE.
    '05 CBR600RR
    Baltimore MD.
    Shuttle XPC| 512MB | 120GB 3.5" Seagate
    Opus 150W PS | Rikaline 6010 GPS
    7" Lilliput 619 | Centrafuse | IGuidance 3

Comment

Originally posted by anik321 View Post
      dammit you beat me to it by a min. lol
      '08 VW Rabbit S 2.5

Carputer Progress:

In trouble...

Comment

Originally posted by stangg172006 View Post
        Didnt know where to put this so here you go guys...

www.woot.com

for those of you who dont know what woot is, they have one item a day so you have until midnight of today, March 1st, or until they run out of stock, to buy it.

Oh and if the "I want one!" button is jumping they are almost out...
        This is a good deal. It is a bit cheaper than I got mine for. Great software, and a gpd puck with SirfIII. Awesome reception and almost instantaneously gets a lock. And it glows blue!
        Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
        1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
        30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
        Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

almost sold out
          '08 VW Rabbit S 2.5

Carputer Progress:

In trouble...

Comment

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
            This is a good deal. It is a bit cheaper than I got mine for. Great software, and a gpd puck with SirfIII. Awesome reception and almost instantaneously gets a lock. And it glows blue!
            2k1Toaster, is the GPS puck signficantly better than my delorme earthmate? What about the $80 waterproof job they sell at the mp3car.com store? I'd search myself, but I don't have time at the moment...I'm studying for a board exam, so'd I'd appreciate your input.

An amateur built the Ark. The Titanic was built by professionals.

Comment

Originally posted by parksgm View Post
              2k1Toaster, is the GPS puck signficantly better than my delorme earthmate? What about the $80 waterproof job they sell at the mp3car.com store? I'd search myself, but I don't have time at the moment...I'm studying for a board exam, so'd I'd appreciate your input.
              I don't know how good your gps puck is, because this is the only one I have used. But I read about "gets a lock in under 20 seconds" and that and I am confused. It is me pushing "Start GPS tracking" then maybe 1-2 seconds, and boom! It's got me on the map. That is right after a cold boot. It is not waterproof but you can spray that clear plasticdip stuff on it as mentioned somewhere.
              15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more

Comment

I just switched from the Earmate to the one they sell in the store (BU-353). Huge difference but I think its because the BU-353 is a SirfIII type. The Earthmate had trouble getting signal through glass/inside my car. And since it wasn;t waterproof I never ran it outside of my car.

Is this one a SirfIII? The 2007 verions is a SirfIII.
                System always under construction

Comment

Originally posted by durwood View Post
                  I just switched from the Earmate to the one they sell in the store (BU-353). Huge difference but I think its because the BU-353 is a SirfIII type. The Earthmate had trouble getting signal through glass/inside my car. And since it wasn;t waterproof I never ran it outside of my car.

Is this one a SirfIII? The 2007 verions is a SirfIII.
                  Yes this version is a SirfIII. If the earthmate isn't then yes this is a significant improvement!

Comment

The Earthmate is not SirfIII...it's old school. Trust me, there was a huge difference.
                    System always under construction

Comment

Does this have a magnetic base?
                      7" Lilli TS, Soyo K7VME, Semperon 2200, 160GB Maxtor, 512mb PC3200, Deluo GPS, Panasonic Slim DVD/CD RW, Linksys WMP545G , Opus 150w, XMDirect, XP Pro, FP, IG [XXXXXXXXX-] 90%
                      ATVMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by sfay93 View Post
                        Does this have a magnetic base?
                        No, but some magnetic strips can be had for a couple bucks at HomeDepot along with some clear plastic spray.

Comment

Thought it didn't as I couldn't find specs anywhere that said it did. I think I'm ready to upgrade mine and this is a decent deal I think. Ready to pull the trigger on the "I want one!" button.
                          7" Lilli TS, Soyo K7VME, Semperon 2200, 160GB Maxtor, 512mb PC3200, Deluo GPS, Panasonic Slim DVD/CD RW, Linksys WMP545G , Opus 150w, XMDirect, XP Pro, FP, IG [XXXXXXXXX-] 90%
                          ATVMS.com

Comment

Thanks for the input, guys. I found the following at Gizmodo.com:

The company says the GPS device now uses SiRF star III technology that's 10 times more sensitive than the GPS device included with the Streets and Trips 2006 version.
                            So, it's still probably a good deal for those without ANY GPS puck, but not for me. I think I'll wait and get the BU-353 when I can.

An amateur built the Ark. The Titanic was built by professionals.

Comment

Thanks for the input, guys. I found the following at Gizmodo.com:

So, it's still probably a good deal for those without ANY GPS puck, but not for me. I think I'll wait and get the BU-353 when I can.
                              Well I thought I had been using SirfIII, and it sure seems like it. It is accurrate and fast to lock. If it isn't then I have no idea how to improve upon it!

To give an example, I can clearly see my self when zoomed in on the map in the correct lane. For instance on a 3 lane road, when I shift lane, the arrow moves too. It is incredably accurate. I highly reccommend it, and for that price, why not!

Comment

Working...
                              X