FS: HP ZV5000 power problem fixed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: HP ZV5000 power problem fixed

Hey Guys and gals, here is the deal. I purchased this laptop, an HP Pavilion ZV5000 about 4 months ago. I was not aware of the very well documented power issue related to this and a few other models. So, being possibly not as resourceful as I expected myself to be, I decided to take apart the laptop and attempt to solder a new power jack on. I have some experience in computer repair, so I wasn't to worried. Well, I took it apart and realized that the whole undertaking was more than I cared to undertake at the moment. And since my luck is as it is, about half way through putting the laptop back together, I discovered that there exists an XC1000 Media Cable, which has a USB, S-Video, RCA, Sound and a power input. I ordered the cable, power gets to the laptop fine. I just don't want to mess with it anymore. I am a student and I really need a seperate machine for "experiments" and school projects. Everything worked before it was taken apart, and I do know how to repair laptops and all precautions were taken, however, since I have not completed the assembly, I cannot verify the functionality of the system so it is sold as-is. So here it is:

Processor: Pentium 4 2.4GHz
    RAM: 384MB shared
    Video Memory: 128 shared
    Video Card: ATI Mobility Radeon 9000
    Display: 15.4 WXGA widescreen (1280 x 800)
    Hard Drive: none included unless its a deal breaker
    Optical Drive: CD-RW/DVD-ROM Combo
    Networking: Built-in LAN and Modem
    Wireless: Built-in 802.11g
    Battery: Lithium Ion
    Audio: Built-in harman/kardon speakers with 16-bit Sound Blaster Pro
    Peripheral Connections: 3 USB 2.0, 1 IEEE 1394 (FireWire), 1 PCMCIA, 5-in-1 Digital Media (support for Secure Digital, MultiMediaCard, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO and SmartMedia)
    Weight: 7.9lbs
    Dimensions: 14.3” long, 11.6” wide, 1.8” height
    XC1000 Media Cable I paid 61.90 for it including shipping

Basically, this would make a great carputer. I really wanted to do it, I just don't think that I have the funds to do it right now. So I am willing to sell or trade this machine. I really need another machine, a desktop or laptop, so I would consider a trade. Or possibly a desktop LCD. I don't know. Let me know what you guys would offer. I would straight out sell and ship it tomorrow morning for $550. It is currently disassembled, but I would assemble the primary layers for shipping purposes.

I know that I am not well known in the community, so I do expect some scrutiny, but believe me, I am just trying to help someone while helping me to. I have paypal, but would prefer not to use it. Perhaps we could arrange some sort of escrow systems.

Thanks for your consideration!
    Matt
Working...
X