Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FS: Great MP3 Touch Screen 8.4" System

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • FS: Great MP3 Touch Screen 8.4" System

    Hi Everyone,

    I posted the to LCD forum a prerequisite to this offer. It is not important to read it to take advantage of this offer.
    I have contracted another manufacturer to make the controller for the Sharp LQ9D-161 8.4" Panel. There is a 4 or 5-week lead-time. THIS IS A PREORDER.

    Order the DKaye System and allow 6+/- weeks for delivery and Get It For $274 INCLUDES SHIPPING USA. International shipping add $15

    Kit Includes:
    __________________________________________________ __
    Sharp LQ9D-166 or LQ9D-161 LCD Panel with TOUCHSCREEN.
    __________________________________________________ __
    These are new and in perfect working order.
    Guaranteed. I will exchange defective if not misused. The controller carries a 30-day manufacturers warranty.
    __________________________________________________ __
    VGA Controller

    Includes controller, Horose, Inverter and Inverter Cable __________________________________________________ _
    The touch controller and cable (simply made) are available from
    http://www.jacoelectronics.com/ or
    http://www.allamerican.com/

    Technical Links:

    http://www.a2zrealty.com/sharp/lq9d161.pdf
    http://www.a2zrealty.com/sharp/microtouchtech.pdf
    http://www.a2zrealty.com/sharp/touchcont.pdf


    Order by email to a2z@dwk.org

    Payments can be made:
    to a2z@dwk.org at C2It or add 4% and pay to a2z@dwk.org at Paypal or send a money to:

    Dennis Kaye
    117 Luxon Place
    Cary, NC 27513

    Or sign up for C2iT here ...........
    https://www.C2it.com/bannerC/index.h...2z%40dwk%2Eorg



    Thanks!!!
    Thanks!!!
    _____
    |___ |
    ____________|_|
    / Dennis K... /\
    / / \
    --------------- |
    | | |
    |______________| |

  • #2
    How about a deal without the VGA controller?
    Status: 95%
    Phase: Final Steps
    Current Project: Tweaking
    System Stats:
    AMD Athlon XP 1700+ 256MB GeForce4 Ti4200 128MB AGP8X
    DigitalWW TM-701L In-Dash LCD w/touchscreen
    Slim DVD Tray Load 8.1GB Laptop IDE HD
    Power Inverter with Mucha Shutdown controller

    Check out my car!!
    Check out my website!!
    J-Body of Michigan (J-BOM)

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks fro the reply.

      You can buy the panel on eBay for $39.00 + S&H.

      That is a great deal!!!

      $40 for a touchscreen panel?

      Search username a2z@dwk.org
      Thanks!!!
      _____
      |___ |
      ____________|_|
      / Dennis K... /\
      / / \
      --------------- |
      | | |
      |______________| |

      Comment


      • #4
        Would it be possible for me to use western union or telegraphic transfer to send you the money?




        Paladin
        Sproggy Mk2.8 & shutdown controller
        Via C3 800 mini-Itx 256mb Ram, 15G notebook HDD

        Life is like a Proton. You never know what you will get, but sooner or later, something will go wrong coz its a Proton!

        Comment


        • #5
          Just out of curiosity, if Im not mistaken (which I very well could be) I thought paypal charged 2.9% (1.9% if your a "premier member") for accepting credit cards. I was just curious where you got the 4% from. Thanks!
          '03 BMW M3 6 spd.
          Black/Imola Red
          19's

          Shuttle XPC w/ AMD 1800+
          Opus 150w
          Lilliput 7"
          Wireless internet through my P900 and bluetooth

          Comment


          • #6
            I do not know the exact percent, but there is a fee as well. It always works out to be just around 4%.

            Dennis Kaye
            Thanks!!!
            _____
            |___ |
            ____________|_|
            / Dennis K... /\
            / / \
            --------------- |
            | | |
            |______________| |

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by DennisK
              I do not know the exact percent, but there is a fee as well. It always works out to be just around 4%.

              Dennis Kaye
              I'm not certain whether you know it or not but not only is it a violation of PayPal's policies to charge PayPal fees back to the buyer but, since many of PayPal's payment transactions involve a credit card, it can be a violation of state law. More info can be found at

              http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr.../terms-outside

              5. No Surcharges. Under Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express regulations and the laws of several states, including California, merchants may not charge a fee to the buyer for accepting credit card payments (often called a "surcharge"). You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as payment. This restriction does not prevent you from imposing a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services, as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge (in other words, the handling fee for transactions paid through PayPal may not be higher than the handling fee for transactions paid through other payment methods).

              Essex
              banned for repeated harrasment in sale/trade.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Essex
                I'm not certain whether you know it or not but not only is it a violation of PayPal's policies to charge PayPal fees back to the buyer but, since many of PayPal's payment transactions involve a credit card, it can be a violation of state law. More info can be found at

                http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr.../terms-outside

                5. No Surcharges. Under Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express regulations and the laws of several states, including California, merchants may not charge a fee to the buyer for accepting credit card payments (often called a "surcharge"). You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as payment. This restriction does not prevent you from imposing a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services, as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge (in other words, the handling fee for transactions paid through PayPal may not be higher than the handling fee for transactions paid through other payment methods).

                Essex
                I was gonna say the same thing, paypal fees are a no no.

                birrman54

                Comment


                • #9
                  You guys are totally right. You cannot charge extra. I've seen a few people on Ebay try to pull this too..
                  Technology, Gadgets and Making Money Online
                  http://www.genemills.ca

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Yes, you are correct. I will comply with Paypal rules. Here is the updated offer.


                    Cost is now $285. If you pay cash or money order, take a 4% discount. Now I have complied. Thanks for the correction.

                    Dennis Kaye
                    Thanks!!!
                    _____
                    |___ |
                    ____________|_|
                    / Dennis K... /\
                    / / \
                    --------------- |
                    | | |
                    |______________| |

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      haha...good one dennis.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        It's a little weak that you are all giving him a hard time. If you were losing money by letting someone pay with paypal you would want to make up the money also.

                        Dennis: Forgive me for being naive.. but as I read it these screens do 640x480, are they capable of running at higher resolution?
                        aka Kumaneko
                        "Don't make me moderate your ***!"
                        Maxima of Doom - project thread - photo gallery
                        mp3car system is currently FUBAR and finances do not allow for a correction of that situation
                        Real computer hackers use a rotary cutting tool on their motherboard.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Thanks for the vote of confidence. I do not have a large enough profit margin to absorb a $10 or $12 charge for quick payment. If the buyer wants to send a quick payment to receive the kit faster, then the buyer should absorb the associated costs. A Postal Money Order and Overnight Delivery is about the same cost. Better yet, send payment via C2IT. That is instant and free of charges. My policy is that if the item is under $100, Paypal is accepted. For the few dollars, we both are in a win-win situation. I hope that everyone understands and even agrees with the philosophy. Thanks!!!

                          Now, to answer your question...
                          You are correct on the resolution. 640 x 480 is the max resolution of the panel.
                          Hope this helps.
                          Thanks!!!
                          _____
                          |___ |
                          ____________|_|
                          / Dennis K... /\
                          / / \
                          --------------- |
                          | | |
                          |______________| |

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by DennisK
                            Yes, you are correct. I will comply with Paypal rules. Here is the updated offer.


                            Cost is now $285. If you pay cash or money order, take a 4% discount. Now I have complied. Thanks for the correction.

                            Dennis Kaye
                            Amusing, but still a surcharge.

                            Essex
                            banned for repeated harrasment in sale/trade.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              chill out man, give the guy a break.
                              at least he gives everyone the option to pay via paypal!!!
                              he could just say flat 285 cash or credit if he wanted.
                              but he is trying to give everyone there choice.

                              lots of places offer different prices whether cash or credit.. at least he stated this before someone tried to buy it.. i was at a computer show this weekend.. it worked the same way...




                              Originally posted by Essex
                              Amusing, but still a surcharge.

                              Essex

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X