Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom length IDE cable (HD, CD/DVD, Floppy)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom length IDE cable (HD, CD/DVD, Floppy)

I'm selling custom length IDE cable :

80 conductor wire IDE 66/100/133 cable with two connector (each end) for a hard drive or a CD/DVD-ROM
    and
    34 Condor wire IDE cablewith two connecor(each end) for a floppy drive.

each cable is
    $2 per FOOT + $2 shipping (in US only)
    **Minimum length is 4ft.**
    maximum length can be up to 250 ft

every cable will be test for wire connection but I can not guarantee for working file signal transfer due to the expended cable length, there are many people tried extra long cable and had different result. I don't know how long is too long, so please don't ask me if it will work or not.

For any other question , PM me

Folling pictures are the actual cables and connectors

Click Here to go to the Order page

how long will you be selling them?? I'm not sure where my computer is going (under the seat or glovebox), so I'm not sure on the length yet. If not for long.. guess I'll get one that will reach to under the seat just incase...
    Cordell

Comment

Originally posted by Cordell
      how long will you be selling them?? I'm not sure where my computer is going (under the seat or glovebox), so I'm not sure on the length yet. If not for long.. guess I'll get one that will reach to under the seat just incase...
      Well I'm selling this as long as I have cable , I used some for my own project and already had some orders, I'm not exactly sure how long is left. I'm sorry I can't give you exact answer

Comment

do you have any of this cable left?? I need about 5 feet with the 40 pin connector.
        If do not have it, where can I get this??

Comment

Can you make it so it can be tubed up?
          Hardware: M10000 / 2.5" 700meg Solid State Drive / 30 gig 7200 rpm HD / DigitalWW 7" LCD / USB Touscreen / X10 Lola Remote / Serial GPS
          Current Project: Turning Nissan Steering Wheel Remote into Joystick to control Frodoplayer

Comment

Could I get 4 feet? Do you take money orders?

Comment

Hate to burst your bubble

The maximum length for an IDE cable allowed by the ATA/IDE Standard is 18 inches; and that is the length of the cable that is supplied with most drives. In some cases, this 18-inch length may not be long enough to span the distance from the motherboard or IDE controller to the drive bay in which the drive is being installed. Although itís possible to obtain or make a custom IDE cable with a length exceeding 18 inches, be aware that the devices attached to such a cable might not operate properly due to noise and/or signal attenuation. Possible problems can include anything from intermittent data errors to the drive not being recognized by the system. Proper operation cannot be guaranteed for drives that are connected to cables that exceed the 18-inch maximum length.
              I have run into this problem before.
              2000 Ford Focus ZTS

Comment

Doesn't it effect the datatransfere through the cable if you go and take a cable that long??
                System in progress:
                New install in progress...

Comment

has anyone been successful in using the IDE 80 pin wire 4 feet plus for a cdr or dvd?
                  92 Taurus SHO - Daily driver - Epia M10000 80GB 512mb 7" touchscreen, Opus PSU etc

93 Black SHO - 30mpg cruiser

90 Silver SHO - 419whp fun/project car, CarPC to come (for tuning)

Comment

I believe someone on here posted that they used a 20ft cable for DVD playback and it worked fine.

Comment

I think you may struggle with long cable lengths, but now you can get USB2 to IDE cables and place a drive upto 5M from your PC, not sure if you can boot from it though.

Also USB floppy drives are readily available fro around £30.

Craig
                      Audi S8 supercar
                      Modded Xbox 400GB HD
                      Rear 7" screen & navplus

Toyota Hiace Van
                      Shuttle PIII 866 256Mb 10GB OPUS powered
                      MediaCar & Mappoint 2004
                      Custom fit 7" TFT VGA TSK

Comment

Hey

Could you make me a cable about 32 inches long with a connecter on one end the next about 14" down, then 17" then 20" then 23" then 26" then 29" then 32" I'm not sure if those are the exact measurements but I'm just wondering if you could do that? If you think so we can talk about price and exact measurments. Please e-mail me paintball_guy45 @ hotmail.com Thanks!

EDIT: I just noticed you said minimum is 4 feet. I realize mine is not but like I said we can talk about price to compensate. Thanks again!

EDIT: I just noticed something again, this thread is a few years old so I guess I prolly won't get any reply....

Comment

you do realize how old this is right?

2 years!!
                          throw a moon

heuvos vin chevos

Comment

Originally posted by PaCMaYNE
                            you do realize how old this is right?

2 years!!
                            lol
                            Georgia Area Meet Photos

Comment