• Show
Clear All

• FS: Revamped shutdown controller

See if you are interested in the latest shutdown controller:

http://zootjeff.home.attbi.com/shutdown/

$35 shipped
    MPEGBOX - Plexiglass Computer
    www.mpegbox.com

this unit looks really clean and straightforward, good work!
    aka Kumaneko
    "Don't make me moderate your ***!"
    Maxima of Doom - project thread - photo gallery
    mp3car system is currently FUBAR and finances do not allow for a correction of that situation
    Real computer hackers use a rotary cutting tool on their motherboard.

Comment

you take paypal?
      Car: 2000 Toyota Celica GT-S
      Mods: Yep
      Carputer: VIA M9000 | Opus 150 | 512MB PC2100 | 60GB Notebook HD | Slim/Slot DVD/CDRW | Audigy2NX | Xenarc 700TSV | (2) DSCustoms DS700HRS (in trunk) | SMC USB 802.11b | CoPilot | DLink FM tuner | Cliffnet

Comment

oy tough decision...
        i either spend 35 now, so my cappuccino will have a shutdown controller, and sell the shutdown controller later when i get an opus for my via board, or manually shutdown the computer till i buy an opus.. hrm... i'm gonna check my paypal account and see if i have money in there.
        Carputer: VIA M9000 | Opus 150 | 512MB PC2100 | 60GB Notebook HD | Slim/Slot DVD/CDRW | Audigy2NX | Xenarc 700TSV | (2) DSCustoms DS700HRS (in trunk) | SMC USB 802.11b | CoPilot | DLink FM tuner | Cliffnet

Comment

you got cash man.. i added a note for shipping to my work address in there.

What's the ETA?

Thanks,
          Russ

Comment

so what is the big diff between the old one i have and this new one? Also, what is the status ont he serial shutdown?

Derek

Comment

So what does this take to hook it up? Im not a wiring expert or anything but Ive attached a rocker switch to my fuse panel in my car for my computer. Would it be as simple as that or would I have to do something like take apart the steering column, etc. Please let me know because Ive been interested in getting one of these, just been too afraid of the unknown.
              The Grand aMP3 Project
              Car: 96 Pontiac Grand Am
              Current Setup: AMD K62 300MHz, 64MB DIMM RAM, 20GB WD Hard Drive, Basic Video & Sound

Comment

You can hook it up like a car stereo. You don't have to take apart the steering collum. Try to find a fuse connection that is switched. Or use your own switch.

The only difference betweent this one and the old one is that this one is easier to hook into the system, it has 30 amp contacts. It also has load dump protection and reverse voltage protection. Provided you are using a fuse. (hooking it up backwards blows the fuse without damaging the parts.)

It also has the ability (depending on the system) to boot the system on ignition.
                www.mpegbox.com

Comment

Originally posted by 00CericaRuss
                  you got cash man.. i added a note for shipping to my work address in there.

What's the ETA?

Thanks,
                  Russ
                  Well I have 10 of them or so. I am going to send it out monday.

Thanks,

Jeff
                  www.mpegbox.com

Comment

you got mail

Comment

got mine the other day... looks really nice... probably gonna install it this weekend

Comment

So does this offer startup, and shutdown ATX pulse sequences?

Thanks,
                        Quincy

Comment

Originally posted by qjones
                          So does this offer startup, and shutdown ATX pulse sequences?

Thanks,
                          Quincy
                          If you add a cap it could... It might not work so I am going to say it isn't really there.

Jeff
                          www.mpegbox.com

Comment

would this work if i were to hook it up to my inverter 400watt cont. load. the internal fuse that is inside it is rated @30A
                            2003 Mazda Protege5
                            Molded Xenarc touch Screen
                            Via M10000, seagate 40gb, 16x laptop dvd, RS gps
                            EDAC 55w dc/dc
                            homebrew shutdown controller
                            2 power acoustik 10 FUBR's, A1800DB mono amp, AH600 to power mids and highs, pioneer speakers

Comment

Working...
                            X