WTB: High res 8.4 lcd 150 nits...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: High res 8.4 lcd 150 nits...

wanted 8.4 lcd capable of at least 800x600 or 1024x768 and 150 nits that accepts a direct vga input, 12v power of course. touch is a possiblity but not necessary.

does such a beast exist?
    Alex
    90 300zx twinturbo conversion
    Epia C3, 512 ram, syntax mobo, 80 gig WD, Mediacar, GPS w/Routis, all behind drivers seat, 7in Lcd Lilliput VGA with Touch, wireless adapter for stumbling, Consult ODB1 adapter and data scanner.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by eCarô
        thanks for the reply...thats almost perfect for my needs...heh that things is bright as hell! 1400 nits! i just hope i can take it apart and make it fit in my dash....and i hope there's a brightness control heh too damn bright as night
        Alex
        Epia C3, 512 ram, syntax mobo, 80 gig WD, Mediacar, GPS w/Routis, all behind drivers seat, 7in Lcd Lilliput VGA with Touch, wireless adapter for stumbling, Consult ODB1 adapter and data scanner.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by spyhunter
            thanks for the reply...thats almost perfect for my needs...heh that things is bright as hell! 1400 nits! i just hope i can take it apart and make it fit in my dash....and i hope there's a brightness control heh too damn bright as night
            You will have to email for a price. That is usually a bad sign. That knob provides bright adjust.

Comment

You will have to email for a price. That is usually a bad sign. That knob provides bright adjust.
              yeah i just noticed that...email has been sent. the xenarc looks awesome but i can't fit anything bigger than a 8.4 indash.
              Alex

Comment

I'm going to venture a guess in saying that thing will cost at least $1000.

Otherwise, if its less than $700 I'll buy it, but otherwise I just can't justify it.

Comment

Spyhunter, did you get an answer from Vartech on the price?

Comment

Spyhunter, did you get an answer from Vartech on the price?
                    yes i just called and got a response... you'll never believe this...

VT084HB-W with hood (not available as chasis mount) 1400 nits 800x600 8.4 inch lcd $3695

VT084C chasis 450 nits 640x480 mount 8.4 inch lcd $1295

the guy i spoke to on the phone was very nice and informative. he explained to me that these lcds are designed to be pretty much outdoors/rugged used lcds. however the price almost made me keel over.
                    Alex

Comment

Do I get to go to play a game now? Or did someone outbid me by a dollar?

(price is right)

I wonder what their profit margin is with prices like that. Doesn't seem right.

Comment

Originally posted by spyhunter
                        yes i just called and got a response... you'll never believe this...

VT084HB-W with hood (not available as chasis mount) 1400 nits 800x600 8.4 inch lcd $3695

VT084C chasis 450 nits 640x480 mount 8.4 inch lcd $1295

the guy i spoke to on the phone was very nice and informative. he explained to me that these lcds are designed to be pretty much outdoors/rugged used lcds. however the price almost made me keel over.
                        Hey! They must be having a sale, because that is $200 dollars cheaper than what I was quoted, one month ago.

After you showed interest in that monitor, I was going to tell you the price. Then I thought why ruin your surprise. I laughed for hours when I found out. You probably wouldn't have beleived me anyhow.

They wanted $500 to add a touchscreen. Maybe this overlay is somehow 10x more rugged also.

Comment

Yeah that is crap, too. More rugged? Datalux apparently has 'ruggedized' LCDs but when I took mine apart there was nothing rugged about it. In fact, I've had Datalux resistive and capacitive touchscreens in the past, and have found both break rather easily when subjected to more stress than pressing your finger against them. Maybe this company makes their touchscreens out of diamond or something.

Comment

Working...
                          X