Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FS: iMac Slim Slot load DVD (+ IDE adapter and cable for IDE and power)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: iMac Slim Slot load DVD (+ IDE adapter and cable for IDE and power)

Hey guys,

I have an iMac slim slotload for sale. The model number is SR-8186-B and its 6x DVD. I also have the proper JAE->IDE converter board which is already attached. AND I have the cable for the 50pin IDE-type connector -> 40pin IDE and power. You can see pics of the whole thing at http://www.partyinthecity.com/dvd

I'm asking for $65 shipped for everything.. I accept paypal (preferred) and money order (and check but you have to wait for it to clear)..

Edit: I also have the mount for this drive like the one on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2771762441

Thanks!
    Jason

Are these compatible with PC's?
    My OLD Carputer: http://www.mp3car.com/node/18137
    Currently, Don't have a carputer :( I sold my lincoln and bought a '93 Acura Vigor, plan on putting a carputer in it one of these days. You can see my vigor at: This Site

Comment

Yup! Works great on my PC.. Quiet, nice slot load mechanism, and most of all small..

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by infrared
        Yup! Works great on my PC.. Quiet, nice slot load mechanism, and most of all small..

Jason
        Sold

Comment

Hey Infared,

I have the exact same setup, but I haven't installed it yet... Do you have a wiring diagram on how to hook up the power to the board?

I have seen people wire it right onto the board itself on the right hand side of it, but mine looks different then theirs. This is the first time I have seen it wired up beside the IDE connectors.
          OrangeWhip? OrangeWhip? 3 OrangeWhips!!
          www.whipflash.com
          Finally a new Avatar!

Comment

Originally posted by orangewhip
            Hey Infared,

I have the exact same setup, but I haven't installed it yet... Do you have a wiring diagram on how to hook up the power to the board?

I have seen people wire it right onto the board itself on the right hand side of it, but mine looks different then theirs. This is the first time I have seen it wired up beside the IDE connectors.
            Hello,

I don't remember exactly, but look at my pictures.. (Sorry I already shipped the item out). I think I read previously that there were 5 for power? I'm guessing its not the first 4 because those are for audio. So the ones after that.. (First as in from one side, I'm not sure its necessarily the first starting at the side with 1 (As opposed to 50)). Try to use a multimeter and find any spot on the board that you think is power and then see which pins have continuity with that..

Jason

Comment

Working...
            X