FS: 75 Ohm Resistors (4 Available)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: 75 Ohm Resistors (4 Available)

These are the 75 Ohm, 1/4 watt Resistors used to correct the problem of LCD displays not being recognized by video cards. The resistance tricks the video card into thinking it is being hooked up to a TV. Search the forum and you will find out more info, and how to perform the installation on the video cable.

Cost is $2 each, which includes shipping. I accept payments with Paypal. Please email me if you're interested, Thanks!

email: [email protected]
    Attached Files
    1992 300ZX 2+2...Stage III NA
    7" Monitor...in search of something to use it for...

Is there any difference between your resistor and the 10Ę one that I could pick up at my local electronics store?

Comment

Is there any difference between your resistor and the 10Ę one that I could pick up at my local electronics store?
      I agree.
      2000 Ford Focus ZTS

Comment

$1.90 would be the difference.
        www.i-hacked.com Hardware hacking articles

Comment

BUT THAT'S NOT ALL! When you order, he'll have a uniformed government official bring your package directly to your house! All for the low, low price of $2!
          Don't Click

Comment

I thought they might be hard to come by...I wasn't sure how easily available they were...so I thought I'd help anyone out if they needed one. Yeah, $2 is stupid...if you want one of these, just pay for postage and I can mail you one. I wasn't sure if there was a big demand for them or not. Sorry for seeming like a scam artist. LOL @ the government official delivery...if you only knew...lol.
            1992 300ZX 2+2...Stage III NA
            7" Monitor...in search of something to use it for...

Comment

SCAM SCAM SCAM...hehehe. I tried to sell a paper clip on ebay for 10 bucks once. I got no bids...i wonder why.

Comment

If I needed one I'd pay the $2 in a second to get one in my mailbox. What's your time worth to go to Radio Shack, and explain to the moron that works there what you want, and then have to find it yourself anyway??? Scam, right.
                Fabricator

Comment

Well, I wasn't saying that $2 shipped is bad. I just wanted to let people know that the resistor can be found locally for next to nothing. I'm a little too impatient to wait 2+ days for a resistor.

And please, never buy anything from Rat Shack. The more money you give them, the less you'll be spending in a real electronics store. End result is the real electronics stores go out of business. More Rat Shacks open up. And I'll be driving past 5 Rat Shacks to get to an electronics shop, instead of the 4 that I am currently. A little over a year ago, I had to switch electronics shops, and go from passing 3 Rat Shacks to 4, because my shop was driven out of business.

Comment

Any of you guys ever see the $10-20 "performance mod chips" that they sell on eBay. You send them $10 or whatever, they send you a 1/4 watt resistor and instructions to put it inline with the intake temp sensor. It makes the ECU think that intake air is colder than it actually is, in an attempt to get it to dump in a little extra fuel. I wonder how many people bought those. I personally know a few who bought it.

Comment

75 ohm resistors are a dime a dozen. They are used all the time in video circuitry. I have personally used them to desing PCI cards on several occasions.
                      Dan

Comment

Originally posted by debennett2
                        75 ohm resistors are a dime a dozen. They are used all the time in video circuitry. I have personally used them to desing PCI cards on several occasions.
                        You design PCI cards?

Comment

lets go back to this "mod chip" bit. How many ohm resistor would be good to use, I think this would be a fun thing to mess with.

Comment

My take on the "mod chip" resistor thing is:

Due to manufacturing tolerances, each engine is a bit different. While one engine may see some kind of improvement with a 50 ohm resitor, another may do better with a 100 ohm. Maybe another would do better if you put the resistor in parallel with the sensor (instead of in series). And another car may be best with no resistor.

With the resistor there may be change in A/F ratio at WOT (wide open throttle). It also has an effect on other areas of your fuel and spark curves. With a resistor on the intake air sensor, it may be possible to get a desired change at WOT, but you may have to accept some comprimises. I've got a pretty good understanding of the fuel injection and electronic engine controls, but I could not tell you all the effects that this mod will have.

In general, I think this mod is laughable. For the most part, the people that do this mod have no idea what they are doing. They don't even have the resources to see if they've improved or not (the seat of your pants isn't sensitive enough for this). I attribute most claims of success with this mod to the "placebo effect". The one's that do know what they are doing recognize this as an ineffective way to tune.

Comment

Would something like a 75 ohm rca coupler work for the trick?

Comment

Working...
                              X