• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: carputer...waterproof, Anti-shock,12-30v or 110-230v and more

hi i have a computer made just for car.... System Specs:

Celeron 750MHZ
    128MB PC133
    20GB Hard drive. Mounted on a shock proof mount to protect against vibration, and bumps.
    12" TFT LCD accepting VGA Input.
    LCD Controller Card
    On-Board Speaker
    VGA Out
    2 X USB Ports
    Paralel Port
    2 X PS/2 Ports
    1 Open PCI Slot
    Floppy Drive
    Speaker Out
    4 IDE Chanels (2 connectors)
    No optical drives.
    Built in KeyBoard and Touch mouse.
    Water resistant.

The system can operate on 12-36V DC, or 100-230V AC. Perfect for a car. It comes with the OEM copy of windows 98, and mother board drivers. I have xp pro on it now.

It has a built in UPS/Surge protector. Also great for a car since they don't provide a very clean signal. It was designed to be as rugged as possible for field use. It weighs in around 40LBS due to the steel enclosure. I was planning on modding it into a clear case, add a USB touch screen, and an optical drive. I removed the HSF and added Artic Silver, it runs at room temp under load now. The LCD and controller card are worth about $250, the power supply and UPS is also woth about $320. I will take $500 OBO plus shipping. Remember it is pretty heavy. I may take trades depending on what it is.

I have pictures.lots of them. i have them zipped and its 17mb.. i can either send over aim or ftp. email me at [email protected] or instant message me at kickercivic.

Any offers?

Comment

pictures?
      car computer rev 5: 8" lilliput and usual suspects

Comment

For hard drive movie and more pics. pm me i will send it to you.
        Attached Files

Comment

I don't mean to **** on your topic civic, but didn't one of these units sell for $230 or there abouts on mp3car a few months ago? definately a sweet unit, might not be able to find one anywhere. If it's still arround in a month or so when I pick up a new engine for my boat I'll be back to talk
          car computer rev 5: 8" lilliput and usual suspects

Comment

where in florida you at? i'd love to have this for another project but 400 is a little steep for me right now.
            "I'm going back to Cali(Iraq), Cali(Iraq), Cali(Iraq), I'm going back to Cali(Iraq), Cali(Iraq), Cali(Iraq), I know so!!!!" Now I'm here!!

By "ToneRiddle"

Comment

i Live in a town called tavares its small, but only 30 mins from orlando..

Comment

price lowered to $400

Comment

I may be interested. How would this system be connected to a car's power?

Comment

Working...
                  X