Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CDesigns is a possible scammer.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • CDesigns is a possible scammer.

    UPDATE: I got the screen this weekend and it arrived in the condition he said it would. THANKS CD!

    I'm not sure if this is in the wrong forum but I think most people will see it here.

    CDesigns is a possible scammer. I didn't want to do this but it has been over a month and I keep getting excuses.

    I bought a 7" lilliput from him on May 25, 2004 when I paypaled him $200. When I tried to paypal him the money at the adress he provided, paypal informed me that that account was frozen. My first indication that maybe I shouldn't buy it. I pm'ed him and he said to send it to his girlfriends paypal since he had to get a major credit card to reopen his account. So I did. The money went through and I waited. It was a week later that I pmed him back asking what was happening. He said his girlfriends was now frozen. He said he would send me money back very soon. Then he said he would just borrow the money from his dad to send the lcd. I waited and sent another pm and he said that it came back to him with an undeliverable sticker bad adress. We confirmed the adress again and he supposedly sent it out again. He said I should receive it last week, well I didn't. This is kinda the cliff notes of it, it's taken 42 days so far. I have all my pms and emails from him and to him so this is all documented.

    CDesigns, if this is all just turns out to be a problem with the shipping service and I actually do receive the lcd, then I am sorry for making this post and will post that I got it from you and all will be well. But if I don't then this is a warning to all that do buisness with you in the future.
    2001 Z28 Camaro
    Epia M10000, 30gb HD, Samsung DVD/CD-R/CD-RW, 7" Lilliput.

  • #2
    sux man...sorry to hear
    Georgia Area Meet Photos

    Comment


    • #3
      I can and will vouch for CDesigns. He and I had traded some merchandise http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=27509 and everything went smoothly. There could have been a problem if he wasn't so honest. Exspecially with him in Puerto Rico and me in Florida. He even gave me money for a wall hangar that he didn't have too. I would do business with him again. I know that I asked jm8881, in pm's, about this before I did business with CDesigns, because I too was unsure of how things were going to go. But like I said everything went smooth. Just my .2 cents
      "I'm going back to Cali(Iraq), Cali(Iraq), Cali(Iraq), I'm going back to Cali(Iraq), Cali(Iraq), Cali(Iraq), I know so!!!!" Now I'm here!!

      By "ToneRiddle"

      Comment


      • #4
        I sure hope that this is all just a big mess of circumstances and that my lilliput will arive at my doorstep soon and I can clear up CD's name.
        2001 Z28 Camaro
        Epia M10000, 30gb HD, Samsung DVD/CD-R/CD-RW, 7" Lilliput.

        Comment


        • #5
          Sounds fishy.
          ask for tracking #s and verify the wrong address thing.
          I have made mistakes in the past and shipped to a wrong address due to my own typo, but no packages leave my posission without tracking. it is included from the major shippers and only .45 for Post Office, so there is no reason not to have a tracking #.

          Comment


          • #6
            I have asked for a tracking # and didn't receive it.
            2001 Z28 Camaro
            Epia M10000, 30gb HD, Samsung DVD/CD-R/CD-RW, 7" Lilliput.

            Comment


            • #7
              He hangs out on neons.org sometimes. Do a search for Crescioni Designs..that's his user on neons.org. (I believe this is the same person...if it's not I apologize.)

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by jm8881
                I have asked for a tracking # and didn't receive it.
                file a fraud complaint with paypal.
                they will then contact him for proof of shipping.
                he must then provide an on line trackable #.
                if he does not do this in the paypal set time frame, they will refund you via a chargeback to him.
                also, if you paid by visa or mastercard through your paypal account, by all means call them up and dispute the charge as non delivered goods. you will get a full refund asap.
                hope this helps,
                good luck

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hey! A fellow Detroiter!!
                  If his account is frozen though I do not think paypal will make any type of changes to it, chargebacks included. I had my account frozen once because I accepted payment from someone who stole another persons account and it took months to get my account reopened, DNA sample, fingerprint, etc.. etc...
                  Hopefully all works out for you though. I hate seeing someone get frauded, I've been on the sharp end of that stick too many times.
                  Originally posted by Motorcity
                  file a fraud complaint with paypal.
                  they will then contact him for proof of shipping.
                  he must then provide an on line trackable #.
                  if he does not do this in the paypal set time frame, they will refund you via a chargeback to him.
                  also, if you paid by visa or mastercard through your paypal account, by all means call them up and dispute the charge as non delivered goods. you will get a full refund asap.
                  hope this helps,
                  good luck

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by brandon
                    Hey! A fellow Detroiter!!
                    If his account is frozen though I do not think paypal will make any type of changes to it, chargebacks included. I had my account frozen once because I accepted payment from someone who stole another persons account and it took months to get my account reopened, DNA sample, fingerprint, etc.. etc...
                    Hopefully all works out for you though. I hate seeing someone get frauded, I've been on the sharp end of that stick too many times.
                    Correct, but if he had funds in the acount (or his girl friend's, or whatever)
                    prior to pp freezing the acount, they will "re-distribute" the funds as they see fit.

                    I know what you mean regarding the dna sample.
                    I had an [email protected] buyer (yes buyers can scam too) pull a scam on me and you would not belive the load of horse **** I had to go through on that one.

                    Brandon, Eastside or Westside?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Fortunately I'm a Far-North-East-Sider now, wife and I are now living out in Clinton Township.

                      Originally posted by Motorcity
                      Correct, but if he had funds in the acount (or his girl friend's, or whatever)
                      prior to pp freezing the acount, they will "re-distribute" the funds as they see fit.

                      I know what you mean regarding the dna sample.
                      I had an [email protected] buyer (yes buyers can scam too) pull a scam on me and you would not belive the load of horse **** I had to go through on that one.

                      Brandon, Eastside or Westside?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by brandon
                        Fortunately I'm a Far-North-East-Sider now, wife and I are now living out in Clinton Township.
                        cool. I'm just down the road in East Detroit (I mean Eastpointe, stupid name change)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Where at? I'd love to take a look at your system. In all reality we could probably meet up where I work, and I could introduce you to one of my robotic lasers and hold you hostage until you give me your system.... erm, did I just type that? oops!
                          I work right behind Morleys Candyon Hall Rd.

                          Originally posted by Motorcity
                          cool. I'm just down the road in East Detroit (I mean Eastpointe, stupid name change)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Us Michigan guys gotta get together sometime. I work in Livonia and live in Brighton. Still gotta get my stuff installed yet though.
                            1.6GHz HP e-PC, 768MB RAM, 120GB WD HDD, Slim DVD-ROM, Onboard sound & video, 7" Lilliput, USB GPS Mouse, Audiovox FM Modulator, Vector 400 Watt Power Inverter, Windows XP Pro SP2, iGuidance 2, 15" Samsung LCD for the rear *Carputer not installed*

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              i was looking through my pm box and remembered that i was going to purchase that screen from him. the pm's about his g/f's account were fishy so i decided not to.

                              i hope you get your money back. if he lived in maryland i would have helped you out and made a trip to his home.

                              good luck.
                              2001 Acura CL traded for a 2006 Subaru Legacy GT
                              7" Lilliput Touchscreen
                              NANO-ITX+m1-atx
                              512 DDRsodimm
                              60g SATA Laptop HD
                              4x Apple DVDslot
                              digimoto OBDii
                              mS GPS
                              mini BT keyboard
                              relocated HU faceplate

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X