No announcement yet.

FS- 40 gig IBM TravelStar Laptop Harddrive /w DN-Boy 2.5" removable inclosure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS- 40 gig IBM TravelStar Laptop Harddrive /w DN-Boy 2.5" removable inclosure

40 gig IBM TravelStar Laptop Harddrive comes with DN-Boy 2.5" removable inclosure.

There is two bays so you can put one of them in your home conputer and one in your car computer. The two bays connect directly to a standard hard drive power connector and IDE cable.

There is also a power connector and mpcia connector so that you can take the removable casing(what the hard drive is inside of) out of the bay and then connect that directly to a laptop.

So this will enable you to move the 40 gig hard drive between your home computer and car computer and will also allow you took your hard drive to a laptop via the pcmcia.

Im selling this because I am hurting for cash bad. I need the money to get to and from school untill october.

Edit : I forgot to post the price, im selling all of it together including shipping for $75. once payment is received I will ship it out either the same day or the day after it is received. I have a paypal account it is [email protected]. if you would like to see my ebay feedback my id on ebay is exumus.
    Anything worth doing, is worth doing right.
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15017

so how much? and do ya got picts?
    "I'm going back to Cali(Iraq), Cali(Iraq), Cali(Iraq), I'm going back to Cali(Iraq), Cali(Iraq), Cali(Iraq), I know so!!!!" Now I'm here!!

By "ToneRiddle"

Comment

I got some pics im pretty sure.... if i dont i will take some

I got some pics im pretty sure.... if i dont i will take some. I am at school right now. I will post some pics when I get home. I edited the above post... i forgot the price the first time. The whole deal is for $75 which includes shipping.

Comment

if i like the picts, i'll buy
        "I'm going back to Cali(Iraq), Cali(Iraq), Cali(Iraq), I'm going back to Cali(Iraq), Cali(Iraq), Cali(Iraq), I know so!!!!" Now I'm here!!

By "ToneRiddle"

Comment

how many RPMs is the HD?

Comment

If the deal with riddle doesn’t work pm me
            Starting an install in a 02 s4 when I get time, which will probably about the time i am looking to sell the car. Got to love it

Comment

The drive is 4200rpm which i think is what most modern laptop hard drives run at.

Comment

i'll take it. do you have manuals or any documentation on how to hook it up?

By "ToneRiddle"

Comment

There is no documentation but the back of the bay has a standard ide connector just like a hard drive and a jumper for cable select, slave, or master just like a harddrive. only put the drive in or out of the bay when the computer is off. other than that its pretty straight forward. My paypal address is [email protected] . go ahead and send payment. I will have it shipped out for you tomorrow morning. that address is also my email if you need to get ahold of me.

Comment

how about hooking up the hdd to the laptop with the PCMCIA adapter? What is involved? Do you have drivers? Anything special you have to do? How else can you hook the drive up? There are two of those bays for the hdd? I tend to ask a lot of questions????

By "ToneRiddle"

Comment

Sure no problem.

1) to hook the hdd to the latop you remove the drive from the bay then plug the power adapter wire into the back of the drive casing the other end of that wire plugs into a standard ps/2 port and dont worry about losing that port because it allows you to plug into the back of that plug because all that plug does is get power from that port. On the back of the removeable hard drive casing there is a connector its the one that connects up with the bay the wire you see with the pmcia card hook to that connector when the drive is removed from the bay you then plug the card into your pcmcia slot then turn on your laptop. I did not need drivers for either win XP or 98 it just plug and played. It saw the drive as a slave on my laptop meaning i wasnt able to boot from it on my laptop but thats not what i wanted to do i was just moving music to and from the laptop in order to boot from it you would have to set that in your laptop bios if it supports it.

There are:

Two BAYs

Two Hard drive casings

One power adapter for laptop use
                      One PCMCIA adapter cord for laptop use

One 40 gig IBM TravelStar Laptop Harddrive

Both bays are compatible with both hard drive casing meaning can can plug one into the other or the other into one dont matter. (Two casings means if you snaged another laptop drive you could have two different drives)

sorry if i seemed to rush you, im just stressing over cash. but yes you should be sure this is going to work for what it is you need it to do If there are any more questions feal free to ask away. I will post a picture of the inside of the pay and the connectors so you can see that

Comment

Comment

u have payment!

By "ToneRiddle"

Comment

Payment Received. I will ship the item out tomorrow

Thanks riddle14... I needed this cash bad. I will send priority so it shouldnt take too long.

Comment

Working...
                            X