I orginally bought this PC on 9/9/2001 to replace my version 1 of my carCPU. when coming around to version 2, I decided to go with a laptop instead due to the built in battery to help regulate power in voltage/power drops.
The BookPC was intended to be a internet and home entertainment appliance with TV out (S-video and AV) and AC3 audio quality. its formfactor is the size of a telephone book and runs off a 100W power supply, making it the perfect size and power draw for a carPC install with an Opus.
Basic stats of the BookPC BKi810:
- Intel 810 chipset
- Socket-370, supports PPGA Celeron and Pentium-III processors
- Supports up to 512 MB of RAM in two 168-pin, 3.3V DIMM at 66mhz or 100 mhz clock
- Built in graphics card supports up to 1600x1200 resolution in 8 bit color at 85Hz-refresh rate. Provides TV encoder for NTSC and PAL TV support (AV/S-video)
- Built in PC98 sound system
- CD-ROM drive and floppy drive
- Built in 10/100 Base LAN adapter and 56K V.90 fax/modem
- Two USB1.0 ports
- Gameport, serial, and parallel ports
Some additional photos:
Harddrive pictured, but not included.
More photos can be found here:
The orignial unit cost me the following on 9/9/2001 at a computer show:
- $169 for Book PC (no RAM, no processor)
- $99.98 for the Celeron 733Mhz processor
- $6 for the celeron fan
- $35 for the memory
TOTAL PAID - $309.98
The unit is sold in 100% working condition with the RAM, processor, and orginial packaging, driver disk, manual, and box. There is NO harddrive included. I am willing to sell this unit AS-IS for $200 without shipping OR best offer. Weight for this item is about 15lbs. I accept PayPal only.