WTB/T: Playstation 2 Linux

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB/T: Playstation 2 Linux

I am willing to buy or trade for your PS2 copy of Linux. Does it require the HDD/Keyboard/Mouse/Net Adapter that came with it? If not, I would just like the software.
    Quick! To the Popemobile!

It does require the hd, keyboard, and mouse, nic is optional afaik
    - Vorex Out

Comment

I realize you have to have A HDD/Keyboard/Mouse. I should rephrase the question. Do I have to have the HDD/Keyboard/Mouse that comes with the package? In other words, can I use my own? The network interface card is required to hook up the HDD, so yes, I would have to have it, I know that much, but again, do I have to use the one that came with the original kit?

Comment

you can use any native usb keyboard and mouse, hd has a propriatary connector so you have to get the unit...and you need the ps2 vga cable or you won't be able to do much with it...
        - Vorex Out

Comment

Heh, so all of the expensive components are a must. Alright, thanks for the help. I dont guess you have a unit to sell?

Comment

I don't have a ps2, nor the stuffs, i'd try ebay, but then again the linux kit is getting rare now so i doubt anyone is going to break up the kit and just have the hd up for sale
            - Vorex Out

Comment

Excellent

Comment

bump

Comment

yo, I don't have one but check it out........

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...147720451&rd=1
                  Realm Of Excursion Videos

Comment

christ, thats a lot of crap

Comment

you can display to a regular TV, but it isn't the default (because it would be really ugly and illegible)

take a look at black rhino http://blackrhino.xrhino.com/main.php?page=home
                      it is an alternate distribution, but it still doesn't get around the need for an official boot disc (which is the main reason that you need to buy the kit)

|V1 Virtual Display|

Hard work often pays off over time, laziness always pays off right now.

Comment

Working...
                      X