Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*gg* come to me (Germany )

Comment

Darn it, I wish I could...I am so bad at car electronic instalation I am going to tweeters right now to see if any of those guys can do it right.

Comment

Uconn....

Take a deep breath.....

Go to WalMart (or Pep Boys..or any other large Auto parts store..or online with Cructhfield). Buy an "amp wiring kit". It has most of the stuff you will need to install the P1260 and the rest of your system.

Take a look the amp install page at Crutchfield. They have some very good, basic installation information that will walk you thru the important points of the install.

If you are going to be a "CarPC" enthusiast....you need to learn this stuff.

So... get a grip.... Do it yourself. You CAN learn how to do it. you will be glad you did.
        MikeH

Comment

Honestly,
          I don't want to fry my car, I have already gone to several places and they are afraid to even touch this because they don't know how low voltage a certain wire has to be..and they "Don't have that kind of wire". Also, I don't have the time to spend learning all of this. I already built my carputer, (something I am good at) and I just can't wait to learn how to do this..
          Thanks anyways..

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
            Uconn....

Take a deep breath.....

Go to WalMart (or Pep Boys..or any other large Auto parts store..or online with Cructhfield). Buy an "amp wiring kit". It has most of the stuff you will need to install the P1260 and the rest of your system.

Take a look the amp install page at Crutchfield. They have some very good, basic installation information that will walk you thru the important points of the install.

If you are going to be a "CarPC" enthusiast....you need to learn this stuff.

So... get a grip.... Do it yourself. You CAN learn how to do it. you will be glad you did.
            UConn - Mike is totally right. It can be scary at first, but this whole carpc thing is doing something most people dont think can/should be done. You have an INCREDIBLE community of folks here on the mp3car forum, and with their help im sure you can do it yourself. (MikeH included - if you search for threads re: C134 with Mike and my names in them you will see that i never would have gotten my install done without his help)

I dont mean to preach, but make sure you fuse every power line (see: radioshack), and it will be okay.
            Cheap Laptop, great for Carputer!

Comment

i wish i lived in the conn area but im about 3 hrs away in NJ... i doubt u will be able to come here but i can help u out online... i have no problem emailing u and researching the info for me... payment is not needed... i just like helping people out... what are the specs of your system??? and what yr/model car do you have so i can pull a wire diagram...
              http://www.hostunlim.com/kamlung/Cars//TL/sigfinal.jpg

Comment

Are U used in "tuning" your car or are U able to use Tools?
                than U schould be able to build in the Carputer.

Go to the next Garage and buy some wire, about 2.5mm˛ thats enough (I dont know which units U use so I use the metric system)
                normal copper Wire wits 2.5mm˛ resists about 20A common (four times more than U need). The length depends on your Car and where U wanna place the PC. (we need more Info)

the rest is just fitting

Comment

Hey I live in branford, my uncle should be doing my install within the next week or so before I goto flordia for 13 days, if all goes well and you still havent gotten the chance to install it I'll have him drop you a line, I'm sure he'd be down for doing a few installs before he tackles his lexus hehe.

-matt

Comment

Hey Mattdisaster!
                    I sent you PM, would be so psyched if your uncle could do it with me!
                    Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Uconnputer
                      would be so psyched if your uncle could do it with me!
                      Sicko.
                      [H]4 Life
                      My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
                      It will be done sometime in the next generation.
                      I'm a lesbian too.
                      I am for hire!

Comment

Frodo,
                        Its YOU who has the sick mind! Kidding

BTW,
                        I might not need help after all, I spent all day on the Carnetix install and think I am starting to learn and understand car electrical. I just gotta connect the ignition wire somehow, but I can't really get to it, so I am going to have to use the yelloe ignition wire that is hooked up with the cig lighter, anyone think it will work? Also, the Carnetix does not seem to function without the ignition wire plugged in, does that make any sense?
                        Thanks!

Comment

What kind of car are you installing it in? You can usually tap a switched ignition wire at a fuse block (usually in the drivers kick panel) or in the radio harness if it's convenient.
                          '03 Sierra Denali

Comment

Originally posted by Uconnputer
                            Frodo,
                            I just gotta connect the ignition wire somehow, but I can't really get to it, so I am going to have to use the yelloe ignition wire that is hooked up with the cig lighter, anyone think it will work?
                            You can find this! How are you looking? Are you using a voltmeter? If not, it will be a guessing game for sure. Get a cheap voltmeter at radio shock and set it to check for voltage (the voltmeter should have instructions on how to do this). Test whether you've set it properly by measuring the battery voltage.

Then, connect one end to ground or a piece of the chassis that is substantial. Turn the ignition on and use the other end to check wires for 12 volts. My advice is to check the radio wiring harness as a most likely place since the radio turns on and off with your ignition. Other places, as suggested, are the fuse block that powers the radio. Radio Shack also has "fuse taps" that will plug in to your blade type fuse connection and let you run a wire to the Carnetix.

Check to make sure you get 12 volts when the ignition is on and 0 when the ignition is off (you may have to remove the key from the ignition to fully shut it off). Tap into the wire and run it to the Carnetix. Enjoy the rush when your carputer starts for the first time.

Also, the Carnetix does not seem to function without the ignition wire plugged in, does that make any sense?
                            Yes.

Oh yeah...after connecting everything but BEFORE turning the ignition on, go back and double check every single wire you have connected and make absolutely sure it is connected to what you think it is connected to. Use the "continuity" feature of the voltmeter to confirm each wire at the Carnetix end corresponds to the wire you think it is at the ground/+12/+12 switched end.

You've heard "measure twice, cut once?" Here its, "check it twice and buy it once". Good luck!
                            Originally posted by ghettocruzer
                            I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
                            Want to:
                            -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
                            -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Working...
                            X