Danaher Electrak1 12vdc Linear Actuator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danaher Electrak1 12vdc Linear Actuator

Basically you apply 12v to the leads and it extends 4 inches and stops automatically. Reverse the polarity and it'll retract and stop by itself again. Here are the specs

http://www.powerdrives.com/electrak/electrak1.htm
    model# is S12-09A4-04 for more info.

I was planning on using it in my htpc project but I ended up not having enough room.

I bought it new for $200 a few years ago and used it on variouse little projects. I'd be willing to let it go for $100 if anyones interested.

Had a few people ask me what it could be used for. I thought it was obviouse but I suppose the most popular applications here would be to easily motorize an lcd screen, open and close amp hide-aways, the uses are practically endless. Anything you want moved 4 inches is a snap with this little thing. If you need more than 4" its not hard to create a lever and fulcrum to extend its power up to as much as six feet if you stay under the 75lb max.

Comment

I dont know much about actuators.... what is the difference between this and the electronic-door-unlocking actuators?

Also, how fast do these move? Im looking for something that does a slow even push forward...
      1995 SL stock
      Working On: GMAT
      Given Up On: Custom motorized lcd

Comment

Originally posted by CA 3000GT
        I dont know much about actuators.... what is the difference between this and the electronic-door-unlocking actuators?

Also, how fast do these move? Im looking for something that does a slow even push forward...
        A door unlock actuator isn't going to move four full inches, for one.
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Thats right. A door lock actuator is a quick jerky movement of about 1inch or less. This actuator travels its full four inches in about four or five seconds (dependent on the load). The higher the load the slower the travel.

Comment

Working...
          X