No announcement yet.

looking for keyless entry system

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for keyless entry system

hey all i am looking for a simple keyless entry system it can be a used factory one all i really need is of course lock/unlock and trunk release not looking for anything fancy

its called ebay, they're like $20
    PC Components:
    Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
    My work log

yes i have seen the ones on ebay but i usually try to ask on forums that i am a member of first before taking business else where

Well, you get what you pay for. I got a $45 cheap keyless entry system and ripped it out a month later. Go spend $200 and get the real deal.

If your car has it already installed, you can buy remotes on ebay (I did for my new Aerio, 2 remotes were like $30 and they came with programming instructions). If you car doesn't have it but it was an option, see if you can get the module from a junk yard and get the remotes from ebay.

nope not a option and if i may ask what were the problems you had that made you pull it?

Well, the remote range was very limited (20 ft on a good day) and one of the remotes just died. I also found the buttons on the remote hard to use.

ok that kinda crap wasn't sure if it was shorting out stuff or what