Fs: Ide Extension Cables

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fs: Ide Extension Cables

I Managed To Find Some Ide Extension Cables...they Are 12 Inch ..one End Male Like On The Mother Board And One End Is Female To Plug Into The Device. I Couldnt Buy Just One. I Had To Buy A Lot Of 14 Of Them ....i Used One So There Are 13 Available. Ill Start Price At 10 Bucks Each Shipped. To My Knowledge They Are Very Hard To Find.. Lol I Searched The Whole Internet. I Used One So Far And It Works Perfect.
    i got dat ***** sittin on 22s! SUPERMAN EDITION!

um, so that's $90 to go from the front of the car to the back? no thanks

Comment

No. Sometimes you might need a few feet or inches but end up buying a ide to usb converter which is too bulky behind the dvd drive. Plus its not set at 10 each. If u bought 9 I'd give u a better deal. Also don't thread crap! Thanks!

Comment

Bump. I realise 10 is too much even if they are rare and hard to find, 5 bucks plus 1.00 shipping

Comment

bump...no one needs ide extension cables? these are very hard to find. get one while i still have them!

Comment

EsKALad,

I'm interested, but I'm still in the midst of prepping my materials list. These cables allow you to etend the IDE device by how far from the mobo? Is there not a max Limit?
            Malaysia
            -Alfa Romeo Giulietta 1982 with 1992 Alfa 75 2.0 Twin Spark Engine-

Comment

I'm not sure how far it will allow. But lemme give u my example of how I did mine. I had the standard 18 inch 40 pin ribbon for the ide and snapped the 12 inch extention on the top end. It was exactly enough to go from the from of my center console where the pc is hidden all the way to the back of the console where the slot load is. I mounted it verticle and there wasn't enough room for anything to go underneath it eg. Ide to usb converter. The ide cable fit in there perfectly . This is perfect for those of you who want to add an ide to usb in a spot where it isn't deep enough. U can throw this extension on it and relocate the usb converter anywhere. Its just an idea!

Comment

max spec is 18"

max in real life is somewhere around 30" reliably for HDs, 60" for DVDs

Comment

I'm using one. 18 plus 12 =30 inch on dvd burner slot load drive. Reads and writes perfect. No speed problems whatsoever. Turned out better for me this way too because I'm having usb 2.0 driver problems and it ran at 1.1 when I used usb. Now its faster and more reliable.

Comment

Eskalade,

Very cool mate. I'll post when I'm ready to get them mate. I'm away on assignment in Saudi at the moment, and its so bloody hard trying to send money out of the country if you're not a resident.
                    Malaysia
                    -Alfa Romeo Giulietta 1982 with 1992 Alfa 75 2.0 Twin Spark Engine-

Comment

No problem. But just so u know my shipping quote of 1.00 is within USA if ur outside of us I'm not sure the cost. But I think its more than 1.00 ill gladly ship to an address within the US for 1.00

Comment

are they 80 pin or 40 pin cables? someone on here had a hard drive going 15+ FEET but that was with 80 pin cable since they're less prone to errors

Comment

I think 40. Its a regular one. I used it with an ide to slimdrive adapter and it fit that. That's 40 pin right?

Comment

a picture is worth a thousand words........
                            I'mmmmmm a n00b.... feel free to make fun

Comment

pics
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X