WTT Complete TS Kiosk PC for In Dash VGA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTT Complete TS Kiosk PC for In Dash VGA

The renowned "ebay kiosk" computer but with a 1.3GHz Celeron upgrade and the Lin Lin adaptor available to trade for a 7" VGA screen, ideally in-dash.

If you have questions about the kiosk let me know, there has been a lot written about them already. It has a 20Gb HD, 256mb and a 10.4" ELO touch screen. Fully operational in its own case, two PCI slots, could slot staight into a dash or console with enough space.

Looking for a screen, ideally Xenarc but all considered, 7", 8", ideally in-dash but we could talk. Must be VGA, composite (in addition) would be a bonus.

EDIT : Will trade for an in-dash screen or regular screen + cash/goods or sell for $300 plus shipping.

If you can't find a trade, keep me in mind for to purchase it.

Comment

Originally posted by ukchris
      The renowned "ebay kiosk" computer but with a 1.3GHz Celeron upgrade and the Lin Lin adaptor available to trade for a 7" VGA screen, ideally in-dash.

If you have questions about the kiosk let me know, there has been a lot written about them already. It has a 20Gb HD, 256mb and a 10.4" ELO touch screen. Fully operational in its own case, two PCI slots, could slot staight into a dash or console with enough space.

Looking for a screen, ideally Xenarc but all considered, 7", 8", ideally in-dash but we could talk. Must be VGA, composite (in addition) would be a bonus.

Chris.
      I may be a little lazy, but do you have pics, and perhaps a link to some info. Sounds interesting.

Michael
      ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

It's the same as this one http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ighlight=kiosk but still fully assembled in its case (you can of course take it apart if you wish).

Comment

Do you have a picture of your unit. How does it look.

A while ago I was into I-Openers and Websurfers. I have a feeling this is similar to an I-Opener. I like my I-Opener allot.

Michael
          ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

It's really a whole different deal to an IOpener, they are intended as think client machines with limited expansion. This is a fully functional PC including touchscreen, HD etc. They really are pretty neat, I just have three and don't need them all.

I have one in pieces that I plan to build into a center console for a minivan made out of MDF, the others are untouched. Overall it is about 10" x 5.5" x 12" and that includes everything, it's a metal box containing the entire PC with the screen mounted on the side of it. Takes standard IDE disks, standard RAM and has two free PCI slots.

Comment

I have an IOpener I took apart and never got put back together too if you want any spares!

Comment

Originally posted by ukchris
                It's really a whole different deal to an IOpener, they are intended as think client machines with limited expansion. This is a fully functional PC including touchscreen, HD etc. They really are pretty neat, I just have three and don't need them all.

I have one in pieces that I plan to build into a center console for a minivan made out of MDF, the others are untouched. Overall it is about 10" x 5.5" x 12" and that includes everything, it's a metal box containing the entire PC with the screen mounted on the side of it. Takes standard IDE disks, standard RAM and has two free PCI slots.
                VERY INTERESTED.

Am I right in assuming it is Thin, and that the Motherboard and other hardware is mounted on the rear of the screen. So, it is 5.5 inches deep, or is it 10 or 12 inches deep. I am trying to picture it in my head. Is it the same concept of the I-Opener, a thin client machine?

Pics would be so helpfull. Even a link to pics. I don't need to see your exact unit.

Thanx
                Michael

Comment

ukchris and jammar i am proposing a deal, i have a 7 inch lili TS that i want to get rid of (sell) so why doesnt jammar pay me i will send the screen to chris and chris send the kiosk to jammmar !!!!! i think this works!

Comment

now how much were you wanting to pay for the kiosk jammar?

Comment

First.. I really want an in dash screen, so I'd probably do better with cash than a non in-dash.

I have attached a couple of pics. One of the unit, the case is 5" deep, well made etc. The second shows the motherboard (from the one I'm keeping). The trailing board is the power for the screen, there are two more ribbon cables to go with it. They aren't overly long but long enough, I plan to grind my case down as the mb is basically on the back of the screen already.

You should note that the 2 PCI slots are on a riser board that also has, I think, the second IDE connector. Not a big deal but without the case you might want to add some bracing.

See the pics, post or PM any questions.
                      Attached Files

Comment

oh you said in dash nm.

Comment

bump

Comment

Originally posted by elhsgrad04
                            ukchris and jammar i am proposing a deal, i have a 7 inch lili TS that i want to get rid of (sell) so why doesnt jammar pay me i will send the screen to chris and chris send the kiosk to jammmar !!!!! i think this works!
                            huh?

Comment

Originally posted by jammur
                              huh?
                              I think he thought I wanted an regular screen. Nice idea but not really an appropriate deal, I'd rather trade directly or sell the unit.

Comment

Working...
                              X