Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would anyone buy CD Changer/Unilink cable hacks for Sony head units?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would anyone buy CD Changer/Unilink cable hacks for Sony head units?

Would anyone buy CD Changer/Unilink cable hacks for Sony head units? I found the pinouts for Sony's Unilink port on their head units. I made a simple curcuit diagram that with proper software on the computer would allow Sony head units to control the computer from the head unit just like a cd changer. IT basically connects the Unilink cable to the Printer Port.

Here is the big question. If I wired some of these up, would people, with Sony head units of course, buy them?

"Yet another brilliant unwanted idea!"
    --Ashlawn Kemling

if it came with the software i would definately buy one (assuming you didnt rip me a new arse hole for it).
    "if everything is under control, you're not going fast enough!"

Comment

im pretty new to this, how does it work? if you can explan that to me and i like it i would buy about 5 or 6 of them, for me and my friends. we all use sony head units amp speakers a subs

kardas
      http://austmp3car.tk

Comment

Yes, if it came with software to interface with Winamp I would buy one. I am assuming that having this hooked up would allow the RCAs oto be used for aux in?

Comment

If you can give some info to us on this bord.
          I for one would buy one if it works fine and just as the rest is saying with the software.
          Altough all some of us needs is just the aux on the headunit to be working.

Butt lets here and see somthings and if i like it i'll buy

peter3
          PETER - THE NETHERLANDS - DEVENTER
          sproggy 2.8,epia c3-800,20Gb 2.5", 5.6"lcd,touchscreen.

Comment

Figures I lost the picture I made. Anyway, think of the standard unilink cable, chop off one of the connectors and put a printer port connector on the end. Plug on end into the computer, the other into the head unit. When the software is run which is included will emulate like there is a CD changer present and the functions for CD Changer controls will become usable on the head unit. (It also makes the AUX In on the back of the head unit working so RCAs, yes.) The controls on the head unit will control Winamp and possibly C3 in the future.

Anymore info needed?

--Ashlawn Kemling

Comment

Anymore info needed?
              Yes! Price, pictures and when you expect to have these ready!
              Also, is this conceptual, or do you have a working prototype already?

Comment

I having a working prototype, it is NOT conceptual. Also, I'm going to modify the curcuit to put in some surge protection to protect the computer and head unit. (Very Important in case of shorts in the power system.) I'll post some pictures when I find my digital camera. (Its buried in my room.) I expect to have these ready in a few weeks. After I figure out proper surge protection I will take orders and order the parts then I'll put them together and send them out. Projected price is $40-$60 USD.

--Ashlawn Kemling

Comment

would it be possible for the conputer too display the song title on the hu? using the cd text feature?
                  My Setup

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hunt 79:
                    <STRONG>would it be possible for the conputer too display the song title on the hu? using the cd text feature?</STRONG>
                    Yes, at least I'm hoping so. I'm trying to program that in. I may just release the software as is and include that as a software update in the future.

--Ashlawn Kemling

Comment

Would you be willing to just sell the software?
                      The question isn't "who is going to let me"; it's "who is going to stop me".

Car: 1992 Buick Roadmaster Station Wagon 358K Miles and still running
                      Player: P2 400MHz, 128MB RAM, 30GB HD, IRMAN, 40x4 LCD, 250W ATX PS and 350W Inverter
                      Soon to come: 6.4" LCD Display, GPS

Comment

I want.... if its out in 2-3 weeks and get free updates
                        Nothing yet.....

Comment

yes, if you were to make this work, and offered continous updates to the purchasers, i would invest into this asap!!!!!!
                          Computer:

FV24
                          custom plexi case
                          p3 650

6.4 lcd

everything working...except stupid lcd isnt working with shuttle board

Comment

Foobar, I was planning on just including my software free with purchase of the cable. I will however be posting the software updates on a publicly accessable site so if someone downloads and has already made their own cable, I won't be saying, "Hey, I don't like that." The software will freeware under GPL. (I'm not actually selling the software, just providing copies to buyers of the cable.) So the software will be downloadable for FREE. Also, as for continuos updates, I have Winamp control programmed in, but other features exc. will have to be requested by users.

--Ashlawn Kemling

Comment

how long will it take you to get this ready, and will it work with sonys newest units (the active black flip down pannel ones)?

thanks,
                              andrew
                              Computer:

FV24
                              custom plexi case
                              p3 650

6.4 lcd

everything working...except stupid lcd isnt working with shuttle board

Comment

Working...
                              X