Broken 42" Plasma Screen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken 42" Plasma Screen

I have a 42" plasma TV aprox 2 years old. It branded as a cornea and supposedly manufactured by LG (glass) and zenith (components). Anywho the thing was on one minute and the screen blacked out the next.

When the unit is powered on the screen stays black, but if you disconnect what I would call the secondary screen interface board - it's between the power supply and the side of the screen - an image comes up, although it is dim. That secondary screen interface board is relatively simple, and you might be able to find the individual component on the board that is malfunctioning. Something on the +175VDC rail is shorted to ground.

I never found out how much a secondary controller board would cost, and would not guarantee that fixes the problem, but I would like to sell the TV as is to someone that may know how to fix or whatever, maybe use it for parts. I know the glass is very expensive on plasmas. I do not guarantee that you will be able to find a board for it.

I would like to get $260 for it, which includes a table top stand, the wall mount remote control, and product maunal. The wall mount pretty flush and the tv is less than 3" thick.

I'd like to have it picked up locally. It can be picked up in Gainesville, Florida or Miramar (Ft. Lauderdale), Florida.

Attached Files

Comment

why don't you fix it yourself? a tv repairmen can fix that probably

Comment

I just don't have the money right now to mess with it.

Comment

it would be a wise investment - you can get alot more for a working TV.

Comment

Originally posted by KyleYankan
            it would be a wise investment - you can get alot more for a working TV.

Thanks man, I just can't do it, and don't feel I need to discuss my finances.

so either you can buy a working one for $2000, or buy this for $300, likely throw a couple hundred into it and have a working TV

Comment

Dude: I didn't ask you to discuss your personal finances with me.

Furthermore, because you seem to want to get rid of this thing, I'm frankly quite worried about buying from you. the thought occurs to me that something else is wrong with this TV, that you re not disclosing. Why else would you sell it for $300?

Comment

Originally posted by KyleYankan
                Dude: I didn't ask you to discuss your personal finances with me.

Furthermore, because you seem to want to get rid of this thing, I'm frankly quite worried about buying from you. the thought occurs to me that something else is wrong with this TV, that you re not disclosing. Why else would you sell it for $300?

I have perfect heatware (over 60 feedback, all positive) and am a well known trader at several forums, esxpecially OCForums.

I am being 100% honest with this transaction as I have with all of my transactions.

Comment

I don't personally know GreenMan... but I can say that the OCforums are very strict on trading... To have a good name there is a really good thing.
                  Bruno Speech Recognition - Advanced Speech Recognition designed to control any program. Extra support for FrodoPlayer and Winamp.

Comment

Originally posted by FunkDaMonkMan
                    I don't personally know GreenMan... but I can say that the OCforums are very strict on trading... To have a good name there is a really good thing.
                    I second that, I have heatware as well, seems to do me good about everywhere I go. It can be tampered with, but if he has a rep on OC, then he is legit.
                    2000 Sunfire build 100%, or is it ever really 100%?

Comment

Where are you located?

Comment

Originally posted by greenman100
                        I'd like to have it picked up locally. It can be picked up in Gainesville, Florida or Miramar (Ft. Lauderdale), Florida.
                        there ya go

Comment

ship.

would you consider shipping to california?

Comment

Originally posted by ericdee
                            would you consider shipping to california?

I'd really rather not, as shipping htis would be no easy task, but I'd consider it if you paid all the shipping costs

Comment

Would anyone consider picking it up from the seller and shipping to me?

Comment

Working...
                              X