Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing Waters: Gain/Xenarc, 2.5" HDD, and DVD

Hi everyone,

I was working on a carputer setup but I chose to pull out unfortunately. The following is a list of the parts I will soon have available, if I can get anyone interested and the right price:

Gain/Xenarc 7" Touchscreen - SOLD (evandude)
    - This screen was purchased with a serial connection, but I purchased a new USB touch kit from DigitalWW. I'm going to throw in the original glass overlay that I kept after switching to USB (they're universal for USB and serial).

Storix USB DVD/CDRW Drive (8x DVD, 8x CDRW, 24x Read) - $90 obo.
    - I purchased this drive with intentions to build it in somewhere in the car. It is not a powered tray and it is not a slot-loading drive. This drive has barely been used and it is USB powered.

Toshiba 40gig 2.5" w/ Adaptor - $40 obo.
    - This drive came out of my notebook due to a warranty HDD replacement. This drive has only a couple bad sectors. Besides that, the drive runs very well and was already set up to go into my car. I will also be including a 2.5" to 3.5" IDE adaptor for the drive.

Please show your interest in these parts and throw me considerable prices. I would like to get rid of this stuff but right now, I'm just guaging interest.

Regards,
    Jason
    My Car: Audi A4 1.8tQ

Project Audi
    Parts: [--------|--] -> 80%
    Install: [|----------] -> 0%

I may very seriously consider that screen for that price. Do you have a picture? model number? Is it VGA with video inputs, or just VGA? Does it have the brightness upgrade I keep hearing about when searching? (not extremely familiar with xenarcs) and how's the condition? do you have all the normal cables and stuff for it?
    But don't take it from me! here's a quote from a real, live newbie:
    Originally posted by Viscouse
    I am learning buttloads just by searching on this forum. I've learned 2 big things so far: 1-it's been done before, and 2-if it hasn't, there is a way to do it.
    eegeek.net

Comment

Originally posted by evandude
      I may very seriously consider that screen for that price. Do you have a picture? model number? Is it VGA with video inputs, or just VGA? Does it have the brightness upgrade I keep hearing about when searching? (not extremely familiar with xenarcs) and how's the condition? do you have all the normal cables and stuff for it?
      It's VGA w/ video inputs. I didn't really use it too much before I switched it to USB but it's extremely crisp. I have no pictures unfortunately but it DOES come with all of the cables. The only REAL issue with it is that the piece you clip the VGA/video cord (into the Xenarc) is broken off so you need to tape it or something to hold it in.

Besides that, it's in good shape. I don't think there are any cosmetic imperfections, and definately nothing wrong with the LCD panel.

Project Audi

Comment

Originally posted by joski
        The only REAL issue with it is that the piece you clip the VGA/video cord (into the Xenarc) is broken off so you need to tape it or something to hold it in.
        you mean the little metal tabs on the connector, that the mating hooks on the cord snap on to?
        (visible on the VGA connector in this picture: )
        http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/atta...tid=7988&stc=1

or are you referring to something else?
        I am learning buttloads just by searching on this forum. I've learned 2 big things so far: 1-it's been done before, and 2-if it hasn't, there is a way to do it.
        eegeek.net

Comment

Exactly that.. I mean, I taped it together to use it but I was going to semi-perminantly find a way when I would mount it into the car.

That's really the only thing wrong.

Project Audi

Comment

ah, well that's not a huge deal. I'm planning to fab the thing into my dash anyway, so even something like hot-gluing the connector in place would be OK... not to mention, I wouldn't have any trouble desoldering and replacing the connector if xenarc would sell me a replacement (and from the accounts I've read, they're pretty good about replacement parts)

so, about this "testing the waters" thing... would you be willing to sell it sometime soon? and do you take paypal? that would make the difference of being able to pay any time with a credit card via paypal, or having to wait a week for another paycheck to come in to pay with "real money"
            eegeek.net

Comment

I DO take paypal.. Unfortunately I'll have to check out shipping first so PM me with some details and we'll see what shipping is like for you. Sound good?

Project Audi

Comment

Screen is sold pending payment!

Project Audi

Comment

HDD and DVDrom are still for sale.. Not testing waters anymore!

Regards,
                  Jason

Project Audi

Comment

Bump

Project Audi

Comment

joski, your PM box is full. I emailed you my phone numbers to the paypal email address you gave me, or you can clear out your PM box and send me another one to let me know
                      eegeek.net

Comment

Stuff still for sale.. I'm open to offers

Project Audi

Comment

Updated prices

Project Audi

Comment

Hey, you there? I haven't heard anything from you in 4 days...
                            eegeek.net

Comment

Sorry.. Been home ill from work. Your PM has been replied to. Expect the screen this afternoon.

Regards,
                              Jason

Project Audi

Comment

Working...
                              X