Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTB: lilliput ribbon cable. (opposite facing pins)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: lilliput ribbon cable. (opposite facing pins)

I broke my cable and digitalww doesnt have the opposite facing pins in stock right now. If anyone has one let me know and Ill take it off your hands.
    The end of the Internet offically begins here...
    www.broke-off.com

which cable? the cable from the vga board to screen or the one that goes from the vga boardto the controller board for the buttons?
    i got dat ***** sittin on 22s! SUPERMAN EDITION!

Comment

I guess I should of mentioned that... lol I need the one from the LCD to controller.
      www.broke-off.com

Comment

anyone?
        www.broke-off.com

Comment

You know you can order them from digitalww?
          肚子笑痛了
          S60 Install

Comment

yes I know I can order them from there. Only problem is they dont have the opposite side pins in stock. I went ahead and ordered the 300mm one last night and Ill just twist it for the time being. Thanks though.
            www.broke-off.com

Comment

Originally posted by PitchBlack98
              yes I know I can order them from there. Only problem is they dont have the opposite side pins in stock. I went ahead and ordered the 300mm one last night and Ill just twist it for the time being. Thanks though.
              I've attempted that and its not gonna work. And Digitalww never has those in stock anymore. I waited months before i was lucky enough to find a member with one.
              mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
              Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
              Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Originally posted by PitchBlack98
                I went ahead and ordered the 300mm one last night and Ill just twist it for the time being. Thanks though.
                Yeah when you twist it the pins are going to be backwards so it won't work. Basicly pin 1 will be connected to like pin 20 and so forth
                Remember AllAdvantage From 7 years ago? IT IS BACK! Now under a new name Agloco
                GET PAID TO SURF THE INTERNET

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02
                  I've attempted that and its not gonna work. And Digitalww never has those in stock anymore. I waited months before i was lucky enough to find a member with one.
                  Just realized I was the one that sent that one to you! Glad it worked!
                  Remember AllAdvantage From 7 years ago? IT IS BACK! Now under a new name Agloco
                  GET PAID TO SURF THE INTERNET

Comment

Originally posted by Rundell
                    Yeah when you twist it the pins are going to be backwards so it won't work. Basicly pin 1 will be connected to like pin 20 and so forth
                    I thought about that. I think I may be able to get around it. Ill have to mess with it when it gets here. I did some soldering on the board and want to rule out the ribbon cable before I check the controller board. Right now I get a white screen and the buttons still work. I can turn it on and off and volume up and down.
                    www.broke-off.com

Comment

yea man if you have a white screen it most definately is your ribbon cable.

Comment

well it looks like Im screwed... I cant find a cable anywhere that has the pins on the opposite side. My only option is to try to solder 2 cables together to make them opposite pins or buy a new screen...
                        www.broke-off.com

Comment

PitchBlack,
                          you can carefully peel back the insulation and make the same side pin into an opposite side cable. Just peel it back until there's plenty of pin showing, then cut it straight across so that there's about 1/4 inch of exposed pins showing. Then just peel off the blue pastic end piece, and reglue it to the new end. If that's all confusing, I'll take pictures tonight to show you how I did it.

Comment

I tried stripping my old cable by cutting off the bad part and stripping from there, but I still can't get it to work. Im waiting for the longer cable I ordered from Digitalww to get here. Im going to try and fold the contacts on one side over backwards and remove the plastic piece on the end to make it opposite side contacts. That way the pins are still in the same place and folding it over will make it thick enough to stay in. Hopefully it wont break the contacts.

In the mean time Im talking to someone at digikey. Hes trying to locate a cable for me. He also said they can have them custom made. So I may order a bunch of them to have a few on hand and also to sell to others that are looking for them.
                            www.broke-off.com

Comment

Im still looking for one of these if someone has an extra or a busted screen...
                              www.broke-off.com

Comment

Working...
                              X