Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanted: cheap parts for student project(UK)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: cheap parts for student project(UK)

Hiya, as part of my project imgoing to have to build a full incar pc with touchscreen, so im after anyparts i can get hold of to do this, as money is a big problem im after bits as cheap as possible, thanks for your time in reading this

strange for that to be a 'sudent project'

but cool if it is! :thumbsup:

Comment

Good luck man.. half of us here are students all lookin for the best deal, so I don't think you'll get a lot of "oh you're a student? take my **** for half off!!1one1!!"

Keep your eyes open on the BST forum for good deals and check eBay, and do searches (plenty of "whats the cheapest/best" Qs have been asked for every type of equip).

-arebelspy
      See my trades here! My For Sale/Trade Thread. Email joe at eipse.com
      Originally posted by xdjxklusivex
      i think every thread is now a whoreing thread

Comment

Originally posted by Shaar

i wanted to say that but i was feeling nice so i didnt :-P and hey im prolly one of the youngest one the forums (16) and ive been through 2 carpcs got myself 5 screens bomb *** pc and a buncha other **** just save up and ull pay for it

Comment

i wanted to say that but i was feeling nice so i didnt :-P and hey im prolly one of the youngest one the forums (16) and ive been through 2 carpcs got myself 5 screens bomb *** pc and a buncha other **** just save up and ull pay for it
          Im pretty sure theres younger kids than you.

Comment

Are they the ones that use terms like "bomb *** pc"?
            Take my advice: Do not try to build a system that includes EVERY feature. Start with the basics, build it to a bug free state, and THEN add on.

Comment

Originally posted by kevinlekiller
              Im pretty sure theres younger kids than you.
              :-P well im one of the young ones

Comment

:-P well im one of the young ones
                Some places you can drive at 14. But at that age the write like: yo shiznit da ballz!!!one!!!22!!11!!!!eleven!!!!! yallz

Comment

Originally posted by Shaar

well this is what i have to do:

In Car WiFI Technology
                  This project is to investigate and implement WiFI technologies into todays vehicles. With so many different devices available globally theres is a need to have these devices connected for given entertainment in vehicles today. The project will also need to explore how some of the devices could be further developed to work in line with the vehicles ECU management system.

any1 that doesnt belive me can look on http://eng.gre.ac.uk and click final year projects

Comment

im 16, well almost 17 hehe getting my licence in 1month and then " yo shiznit da ballz!!!one!!!22!!11!!!!eleven!!!!! yallz"

Comment

your folks bought you a Benz?

F'in rich kids!!! Thats it, you are on my list of "must pay for answers". No more free advice for you mr silver spoon!
                      Take my advice: Do not try to build a system that includes EVERY feature. Start with the basics, build it to a bug free state, and THEN add on.

Comment

If you are truly interested in this stuff - don't do it for a final year project! no better way to suck the fun out of something than 'having' to do it.

Comment

I don't agree, my final year project was great fun and this one sounds awesome if a little pricey!
                          My advice for anyone doing a carpc is "you get what you pay for" and this is most true for a touch screen so be careful if you are going cheap or you will wind up replacing bits and spending more than if you good good parts initially!

No offence but your department's website is poo
                          VIA M10000
                          512Mb RAM
                          30Gb 2.5" HDD
                          Bluetooth, 802.11g, GPS
                          Silverstone USB DAC
                          Consult (ODB)
                          CarTFT K500
                          Carnetix P1290
                          NLited XP with Road Runner and MapMonkey

Comment

LOL @ posts 10 and 11