FS: Complete low power PC - and other stuff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: Complete low power PC - and other stuff

Up for grabs is an Allwell STB-3036. I used this as a mediaPC - hooked up to the TV and some nice speakers (has RCA out) and an external hard-drive. Can boot off of DiskOnChip, hard-drive or CF card (needs extras). Selling with 128MB Ram. Boots perfectly.

Additional info here:
    http://www.gctglobal.com/Products/Se...1030_3036.html

This is a real low power consuming computer- could be perfect for a carPc or dedicated router, (there is a linux distro designed specifically for this.)

Im selling this because I just dont have room anymore for all my junk.

$50 plus shipping SOLD
    Attached Files

other parts

All of the following prices are with shipping included

2 finger print scanners - $10 each or $16 together

Brand New CPU fan w/heatsink - $10 (can be used as a small case fan)

Planatronics DSP -100 USB Headset - $20 great for Voice commands

IDE to CF Reader and 64MB CF card. - $20

used SonyEricsson t68i = the yes button sticks - $30
    broken SonyEricsson t637 = $10

Just trying to get rid of stuff - so sorry no trades.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mccdeuce
      All of the following prices are with shipping included

2 finger print scanners - $10 each or $16 together

Brand New CPU fan w/heatsink - $10 (can be used as a small case fan)

Planatronics DSP -100 USB Headset - $20 great for Voice commands

IDE to CF Reader and 64MB CF card. - $20

used SonyEricsson t68i = the yes button sticks - $30
      broken SonyEricsson t637 = $10

Peace,

Rafster

Just trying to get rid of stuff - so sorry no trades.

What's wrong with the T637?
      And what company is the T68i from?

Peace,

Rafster
      Post # 3000

Comment

the t68i is unlocked. It is branded for At&t but I can brand to whatever system you want or put unbranded software on it.

The t637 wont turn on.

Comment

the t68i is unlocked. It is branded for At&t but I can brand to whatever system you want or put unbranded software on it.

The t637 wont turn on.
          I might be interested in a Cingular branded T68i

Give me about as week to think about it please.

Peace,

Rafster
          Post # 3000

Comment

i will be taking some leave here on the 17th, and will not be back again till after the 25th. But if you decide before then I will brand it and send it out.

Comment

how well do those fingerprint readers work?
              2005 Dodge Ram HEMI

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2239451

15" LCD touchscreen
              Mac Mini
              6" Headrest monitors
              Modded Xbox

5 PSone screens going in doors
              And another 15" LCD!

Comment

Fingrprint readers are for show and can be tricked with a gummy bear or playdough. But if you want it to look cool rather than be functional, I'm sure they're fine.

-arebelspy
                See my trades here! My For Sale/Trade Thread. Email joe at eipse.com
                Originally posted by xdjxklusivex
                i think every thread is now a whoreing thread

Comment

That would actually look kinda cool in a car. Just make sure to wipe it everytime you're done....

Hmmm, double entendre?

Peace,

Rafster
                  Post # 3000

Comment

depends on what you want them for. The one (grey one) - I used for logining in to my XP machine and storing passwords - so when you go to a site you just put your finger down and it automatically logs you in. (could be useful for a CarPC so that you can surf while driving - a little less dangerous) The other one I programmed into a application for scanning fingerprints and saving the image. Used it for a school project where I had to write some software that would analyze two fingerprints and tell whether you had a match.

Like arebelspy said - a gummy bear can fake these - if you do not smudge the glass of the fingerprint reader - you can take a piece of tape and lift the print and then "put it back down." So effective at security - no easier to break into then a WindowsXP machine - but not "secure"

Comment

can cheaper on fingerprint...

Comment

depends on what you want them for. The one (grey one) - I used for logining in to my XP machine and storing passwords - so when you go to a site you just put your finger down and it automatically logs you in. (could be useful for a CarPC so that you can surf while driving - a little less dangerous) The other one I programmed into a application for scanning fingerprints and saving the image. Used it for a school project where I had to write some software that would analyze two fingerprints and tell whether you had a match.

Like arebelspy said - a gummy bear can fake these - if you do not smudge the glass of the fingerprint reader - you can take a piece of tape and lift the print and then "put it back down." So effective at security - no easier to break into then a WindowsXP machine - but not "secure"
                        Actually, it's not too hard to break into an XP machine. If the person is smart maybe..... a little bit harder.

All you do is boot into safemode and log in to administrator. Usually there is no password, so you can remove the password on any accounts in administrator.

Peace,

Rafster
                        Post # 3000

Comment

Rafster: thats what I was trying to say. Studying for exams so its hard to make coherent sentances. But yes it is easy to break into xp boxes - the same difficulty as breaking in with the fingerprint scanner.

Comment

Rafster: thats what I was trying to say. Studying for exams so its hard to make coherent sentances. But yes it is easy to break into xp boxes - the same difficulty as breaking in with the fingerprint scanner.
                            Oh, I thought you were saying that it was hard to break in to them..

It's kinda hard for me to make sense of much of anything right now. I had a really long hard day at work. We were wiring our 2 new buildings...

Now back to your orriginally scheduled topic....

Peace,

Rafster
                            Post # 3000

Comment

How would you break into my machine where the administrator account is the only one, has been renamed, and has a 16 digit password with varying alphanumeric characters and symbols...?

Comment

Working...
                              X