Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Microtouch serial touchscreen cable. $25.00 shipped to US. Pics inside!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microtouch serial touchscreen cable. $25.00 shipped to US. Pics inside!

I had to order a couple from Jaco Electronics.
    Meatballman just bought one from me.
    $25.00 shipped to anywhere in US.
    This serial cable accepts a DC adapter jack if needed.
    I only have 1 left, so first come first served.
    Email [email protected] if you interested.
    SP13000|M2-ATX|512MB DDR400|2.5" 7200RPM S-ATA|Trans-7"|Slim SL DVD-CDRW|KEH 5.1 DSP|SB L!ve Ext|Gyration PowerMate|BT|WiFi|GPS|WinXP|VoomPC
    GPSing - Digital Speedo
    Relocating headunit and extending faceplate
    Button app to Alt-Tab between two programs

you've got mail.
    "if everything is under control, you're not going fast enough!"

Comment

I'm interested. Let me know if it's still available.

Thanks,
      Pigseye

Comment

i emailed about it too. it has been sold

i have a link to buy them for $10.00 but there is a minimum order of $50. let me know if you want to get one with me. i will front the money if we can get 3 more ordered.

~Mike
        Single Member of the "1000 Post and No MP3 Car" Club
        PROJECT ON INDEFINATE HOLD... BOUGHT A HOUSE
        2000 Cavalier Z24 [###-------] Only 30% Done ... Still

Comment

is this the cord i need to hook up the touch screen with the 12bit screen off ebay? if it is count me in, the only problem is im in australia, but id be happy to pay the shipping.

thanks Kardas
          http://austmp3car.tk

Comment

MP3,
            I need 3 of them and am very interested if you can get them for $10 each.

Just to confirm this is the cable that goes from the touch screen controller to the serial port, right?

Thanks,
            Pigseye

Comment

MP3,

I can use a cable also. Thanks to you an pigseye ur saving me alot of time.

Kelv

Comment

okay, heres the deal.... i was directed to this distrubutor by LESLIEx317537. i bought the OSD from leslie (dont know if it is a guy or girl, so i will go with a guy, correct me if im wrong) and was planning on getting the serial cable at the same time but it was already sold. soooo, leslie directed me to this supplier that he found after buying the goods from jaco. the OSD is for the "DennisK" screens on ebay, (you will know what i mean if you ar getting one). i am going to verify with leslie that these cables are the correct ones for the "DennisK" screens.

so far i have
                mp3z24 - 1
                kardas - 1
                pigseye - 3
                kelvinators - 1
                --------------------
                total - 6
                so we have the minimum ammount covered...

kardas, i dont see a problem sending to australia...

im not looking to make any money off this deal, so all i want is for everyone to cover their portions of the initial shipping, and their own personal final shipping.

i think i will leave this message up until the end of the week, so that i can make sure to give people ample opportunity to make an request. once i make the order i will get in touch with everyone, and get all the shipping info so that i can send out the cables as soon as possible.

i will keep everyone posted....
                ~mike

Comment

i figure i should include the link to where i am getting them, no pictures, but at least you know where they are coming from, i know i would want to know.

Touch Cables from All American Direct

~mike

Comment

Ty mike.

Comment

im interested in 1, providing that my lcd arrives from him.

but is that the right one, the touch controller shown is a MicroTouch systems controller,

edit: also if that cable connects the touchscreen controller to serial, anyone know how to connect it to the touchscreen it self? i also see allens controller has a connector for a touchscreen.

Comment

i talked to LESLIEx317537 and i have been told that microtouch and 3m are the same company. looking at the first picture of this post you can see the 12 pin connector on the cable. that should hook up to the 12 pins protruding from the touch control board. as for the connection from the board to the touch screen, i believe that connection is supplied by "DennisK" with the package. i believe he supplies all the components except for the computer to card cables.

so adding paulzy to the list (assuming he wants one)
                        mp3z24 - 1
                        kardas - 1
                        pigseye - 3
                        kelvinators - 1
                        paulzy - 1
                        --------------------
                        total - 7

~mike

Comment

The touch board shown is a MicroTouch and does hook up with the serial cable I have shown.

You guys should definetly buy those cables I would hate to have to make my own and solder.

I can't wait till we all get our screens and start messing with them. "DennisK" said they will ship next week.
                          SP13000|M2-ATX|512MB DDR400|2.5" 7200RPM S-ATA|Trans-7"|Slim SL DVD-CDRW|KEH 5.1 DSP|SB L!ve Ext|Gyration PowerMate|BT|WiFi|GPS|WinXP|VoomPC
                          GPSing - Digital Speedo
                          Relocating headunit and extending faceplate
                          Button app to Alt-Tab between two programs

Comment

MP3,
                            We should probably just swap cables. I'll send you a hirose 31 pin for this cable? Then we don't have to swap money. I'll be out a few bucks but I don't care. You deserve it for putting this together.

But it may take a while due to a delay since my contact person is helping her daughter through cancer therapy.

Let me know.

Thanks,
                            Pigseye

Comment

pigseye,
                              i can deal with that....if you want to spend the extra money, im not gonna complain, or if you change your mind, i can include a check/etc. in the package. my feelings wont be hurt if you want the difference.

since you are going to order me a cable, i would like to get a 1-1, and, um..... gimme 18" long, that will give me some room to work when i chop it up and special wire it.

i can wait the extra time since this is going to be for a second screen that i dont have a definate use it yet.

so put me down... i will also post something on the other thread.

~mike

Comment

Working...
                              X