X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: Someone to install carputer

Hello All-

Very much a noob here.

I'd love a carputer in my 2005 Altima, but no one in my area really knows the first thing about putting one in. I be very interested in paying someone in the Chicago area to help me get started with a setup and then to install it in my car.

I understand there's a risk factor and lots of time here, but I figured if someone has experience and has done it before, why not.

Please let me know if you're in the area and up for the challenge.

talk to eskalad hes awsome

Comment

any chance you are in arizona? I doubt it with a name like michigana

Comment

Originally posted by michigana

paying someone in the Chicago area to help me get started with a setup and then to install it in my car.

Please let me know if you're in the area and up for the challenge.
        I am gonna have to say not in arizona.
        Progress,.... that is what I keep forgetting ;)
        planning_[++++++++++]. 110%
        parts___[++++++----] around 60%
        install___[-----------] -9,000%

Comment

Originally posted by ecswookie
          someone in the CHICAGO area
          wtf? reminds me of Forrest Gump when he talked about his Army buddies
          " that's Dallas, he's from Detroit, and Cleveland, he's from Florida" or however it went.

Comment

Originally posted by ecswookie

Hi - no, I'm in Chicago, as it states - the screen name is b/c of my affinity for the Wolverines

Comment

Hi - no, I'm in Chicago, as it states - the screen name is b/c of my affinity for the Wolverines
              Hail to the Victors!

Comment

I don't see why you wouldn't want to do an install. Its actually quite fun (the first few times)

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity
                  Hail to the Victors!
                  Damn straight! Now if we could only get past the NIT in basketball....

Comment

Originally posted by TheLlama
                    I don't see why you wouldn't want to do an install. Its actually quite fun (the first few times)
                    Probably because I am scared crapless of ruining my new car....that, and I have zero experience with soddering, welding, etc...

Comment

hey sorry for side busting..but im also looking for someone in the bay area (california) to help me install a car pc..ill pay for your gas and help. thank you

Comment

Nobody here had experience before they built their first carputer.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLlama
                          Nobody here had experience before they built their first carputer.
                          Sure, they may not have had experience installing carputers but they may have been adept at engineering or computer installation....neither of which I am at all.

Comment

Damn straight! Now if we could only get past the NIT in basketball....
                            right on! you know what NIT stands for?
                            Not In Turnement.

Comment

Im in Chicago (SW Subs) and have an 03 altima. As of right now, I'm in school but would be willing to help you installing and what not. Eskalad is good at this stuff and he can make a dash also. Where do you plan on putting the screen at?

Comment

Working...
                              X