Alienware, Future Carputer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alienware, Future Carputer?

Obviously I don't know anything about carputers, but I'm selling my old alienware with a ****load of games, and thought maybe one of you could do something with it...

here is the ebay link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE%3AIT&rd=1

If you have any questions or comments on why this is or is not a good idea for a carputer or anything in general let me know , either way its a solid price for the computer

For an Alienware pc that looks oddly a lot like a purple Chieftec case with a sticker on it.

Comment

Actually, it's an Antec case. The Chieftec is a knock-off of the Antec, although one of the better knock-offs.
      And it's not a sticker, but it actually has ALIENWARE molded into the plastic bezel going up the side.

That's old-school Alienware, back before they had their custom cases.
      Now, it's just a Dell.
      Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
      How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Lol what would I gain from faking an old alienware? It's not like alienware comes with any prestige anymore, they are all overpriced hunks of alien looking junk.

I also have all the papers (in a big alienware notebook).

Anyway though, the auction is still there for anyone who wants it

Comment

it would be a pos for a CarPC application, P4's use ALOT of power, and that mobo and vid card and such do as well.
          2004 Impreza WRX CarPC Install

I am willing to host any legal downloads that may benefit the CarPC community - PM for info

"When you go 0-60 in 4.5 seconds, you don't need a made up character called fast. Thats what makes a Subaru, a Subaru."

DG4L

Comment

Oh.. I guess that makes sense lol. I'd just figured that people were just selling weak pc's (not that that old alienware is strong..) so I thought I'd list mine up here...

Comment

With a swap to a lower-power CPU and video card, it could make a good vehicle PC project base, though.
              Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
              How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Working...
              X